F1

Fish-Finger-er

Woop woop! Trulli was penalised and so Hamilton's been promoted to 3rd :D . Apparently he 'overtook' Hamilton under the safety car and was later penalised 25 seconds which put him from 3rd all the way back to 12th.

whats more funny about that is trulli fell off the track under safety car conditions .... NOOB

kinda funny that Hamilton had one of the shittest cars out there and finished third ...

kinda funny that Hamilton had one of the shittest cars out there and finished third ...

I was speaking to Muel about this on MSN earlier, he seems determined that he's still in the title race... today was pure fluke that he got in the points, still great driving and fantastic overtakes as per usual, but the Brawn car was lightyears faster. So i don't think he's really in with much of a chance unless McLaren do something amazing within the next few races.

Is Brawn classed as a British team now seeing as Brawn was born in somewhere like Manchester? UK team with a UK driver coming 1st is amazing :)

i for one will not be watching f1

i gave up on it last year it has become to expensive for the lesser teams and now its just maclaren,ferrari,ferrari,meclaren

id much rather watch a bit of moto gp super bikes or even a1 gp

ok ill take that back!

i did participate in the watching of the race,and to my suprise it was a good race.

I was speaking to Muel about this on MSN earlier, he seems determined that he's still in the title race... today was pure fluke that he got in the points, still great driving and fantastic overtakes as per usual, but the Brawn car was lightyears faster. So i don't think he's really in with much of a chance unless McLaren do something amazing within the next few races.

Is Brawn classed as a British team now seeing as Brawn was born in somewhere like Manchester? UK team with a UK driver coming 1st is amazing :)

It's Hamilton though, if they can get the car set-up right I reckon he's in with a good chance, he went from 18th on the grid to 3rd/4th (whichever way you look at it), I know that people crashing and the safety cars bunching everyone up helped, but he still did really well to get that far up in a sub-standard car! If he qualifies well next Saturday he should do well.

Everything best comes from South Manchester. :P

It's Hamilton though, if they can get the car set-up right I reckon he's in with a good chance, he went from 18th on the grid to 3rd/4th (whichever way you look at it), I know that people crashing and the safety cars bunching everyone up helped, but he still did really well to get that far up in a sub-standard car! If he qualifies well next Saturday he should do well.

Everything best comes from South Manchester. :P

I think the point is that he probably wont have a rat chance of qualifying well :( . Although McClaren are going to pour money into it so you may see some improvement for next weeks race - but I think It will be possibly too late before the car gets really good for him to stand a chance of the title ? I guess he needs more flukes like today in the first four or five races...

I think it will be an interesting season - Obviously the Brawn car is currently the best. But they have very little money with which to actually improve it through the season, wheras other cars will improve - if they all whack on an extended crash structure piece of diffuser then they will be a fair bit faster. Could be another tight one...

Obviously the Brawn car is currently the best. But they have very little money with which to actually improve it through the season

Brand new team? Check. Qualify one-two at their first ever GP? Check. Finish one-two at their first ever GP? Check and double check. I reckon, even in the current economic climate, that they won't be struggling to find companies willing to throw money at them now!

Brand new team? Check. Qualify one-two at their first ever GP? Check. Finish one-two at their first ever GP? Check and double check. I reckon, even in the current economic climate, that they won't be struggling to find companies willing to throw money at them now!

And with Virgin sponsorship...

Because vetel tried to carry on under the safty car on 3 wheels, he has received a 5 place penalty for the next race. He should of just followed the rules lol i really dont think it was worth it.

His team did tell him too.

Because vetel tried to carry on under the safty car on 3 wheels, he has received a 5 place penalty for the next race. He should of just followed the rules lol i really dont think it was worth it.

No he didn't. He put his hands up and said the collision with Kubica was an avoidable accident which wouldn't have happened if he hadn't sent one up the inside. Kubica kept his mouth shut, and the stewards gave Vettel a penalty when it should have just been a racing incident and nothing more.

The team were fined $50,000 for telling Vettel to carry on with a broken car.

see i dont think vetel did much wrong in the accident it looked more like Kubica's fault to me.

Well, Kubica pulled a legitimate and legal manoeuvre and Vettel tried to out brake him, he was unable to and as a result couldnt make the turn shunting Kubica. Vettel should have known his brakes were cooling and not up to the job at that point.

Nah, Vettel's brakes were fine, in fact he braked earlier than Kubica. They were pretty much side by side, and Vettel even was on the grass to try and avoid him. However, Kubica squeezed him on the exit, effectively turning in on him.

50:50 fault, racing incident.

It's only Vettel's honesty that got him the penalty.

"Meanwhile Brawn GP has Virgin on board, well for two races at least but the cooperation is likely to continue since Branson has financed the Barcelona update package. Allegedly the upgrade will make the jaws of the other team drop and it will be something they won't be able to copy."

From F1 forums.

"Meanwhile Brawn GP has Virgin on board, well for two races at least but the cooperation is likely to continue since Branson has financed the Barcelona update package. Allegedly the upgrade will make the jaws of the other team drop and it will be something they won't be able to copy."

From F1 forums.

I don't believe any forum rumour. Plus anything can be copied, but it's a question of understanding...

Do they have to keep fiddling? Theres so many rules and regulations even the FIA don't understand them all!

Shall we have a poll? Best looking car of 2009? I vote Brawn GP, they're so clean and tidy. I'm really keen on the Toyotas aswell this year.