F1

Fish-Finger-er

now this might be a bit harsh,however lewis hamilton desreved that after hearing his pathetic apology on the radio and hearing about what actually happened im glad he was stripped he basicly cheated and weather his team told him to do it or not he is still his own person. they could not of punnished him if he told the truth in the first place,but even better he shouldnt have done what he did.CRAZY FOOOL

I totally agree, everyone I've spoken too has been automatically behind Hamilton. It doesn't matter what really happened or who told him to lie, the fact is he knows that you don't lie in an inquiry and totally deserves the punishment.

I reckon they're just trying to limit the damage to his reputation by blaming the press officer, the guy was really old and about to retire anyway, so everyone says, "oh right, he only did it because he was told to". Fact is though the press-officer tells him what to tell the press, not the FIA. He will have been told to lie by someone else, but because the press-officer was about to retire, they turned him into a scapegoat and paid him off.

Thats my theory anyway, theres way too much politics and cheating that goes on for my liking.

Just watched the recorded GP... I love the way they spent like 20 minutes without anyone knowing what the hell was going on! Excellent result for Jenson and Braun again. I can see Lewis being somewhat peeved again at McLaren's showing. 'I was 5th wasn't I?' 'Well 7th officially but we're still checking that...'. D'oh!!

I dislike Hamilton, in all honesty I couldnt put it down to one reason but I do. Today was chaos, good to watch though. Button is loving it and so he should be.

Raceist ?

sorry, jokes, just saves an ethnic saying it

that rain came down crazy hard though, and when it was spanked by lightening

Edited by the_soon_to_be

Current Championship standings

1 Jenson Button British Brawn-Mercedes 15

2 Rubens Barrichello Brazilian Brawn-Mercedes 10

3 Jarno Trulli Italian Toyota 8.5

4 Timo Glock German Toyota 8

5 Nick Heidfeld German BMW Sauber 4

6 Fernando Alonso Spanish Renault 4

7 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Toyota 3.5

8 Sebastien Buemi Swiss STR-Ferrari 2

9 Mark Webber Australian RBR-Renault 1.5

10 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 1

11 Sebastien Bourdais French STR-Ferrari 1

12 Adrian Sutil German Force India-Mercedes 0

13 Felipe Massa Brazilian Ferrari 0

14 Giancarlo Fisichella Italian Force India-Mercedes 0

15 Kazuki Nakajima Japanese Williams-Toyota 0

16 Sebastian Vettel German RBR-Renault 0

17 Nelsinho Piquet Brazilian Renault 0

18 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish Ferrari 0

19 Robert Kubica Polish BMW Sauber 0

20 Heikki Kovalainen Finnish McLaren-Mercedes 0

Just looks plain weird!

Brawn 1+2, toyota 3+4, never thought id see that!

Edited by Scotty Evil1

Ferrari sent Raikkonen out on full wets when the rain wasn't predicted for 5 minutes or something daft, he was about 30 seconds of the pace. :lol:

Now that was funny!!

Anyone else think that the decision to make the race start time more appealling to the lazy european boozer with a hangover was rediculous?? When monsoon type rain is common in the late afternoon in such a country, why have a race scheduled at the same time. Whats wrong with the equivalent to a 7am GMT start?? I'd be pretty annoyed if i payed only to see 3/4 of a race and as a result got drenched at the same time!

Raceist ?

sorry, jokes, just saves an ethnic saying it

that rain came down crazy hard though, and when it was spanked by lightening

Nah im not racist at all, its not that.

It makes no sense to arrange it purely for a time to suit people over here, tv can easily just postpone showing it or repeat it or whatever, especially in those conditions!

Now that was funny!!

Anyone else think that the decision to make the race start time more appealling to the lazy european boozer with a hangover was rediculous?? When monsoon type rain is common in the late afternoon in such a country, why have a race scheduled at the same time. Whats wrong with the equivalent to a 7am GMT start?? I'd be pretty annoyed if i payed only to see 3/4 of a race and as a result got drenched at the same time!

I thought it was funnier when it should pissing it down, and he found he'd destroyed his wets and had to come in to change again, and they sent him back out on intermediates! (I think)

It never ceases to amaze me how bad some of the decisions get made in F1.

"You know it's going to rain so hard in the afternoon that there will be standing water on the whole track?"

"Meh."

The Malaysian GP could be summed up by Lewis Hamiltons interview at the end by the reporter;

'What did you think about the race? A little disappointed coming in 7th?'

'7th? What position did I finish? I thought I finished 5th?'

Total mess that F1 has become.

Simps told me the opposite last night. :S

Ah well, just checked the F1 site. Sims won't be watching either because he's a bit of a dick. I will be, even though this season has turned out to be a total farce so far, I want to see how Button does.

I watch F1 because while the FIA are being total cocks, the racing is still enjoyable to watch. Other than the WRC its the only sport which i ever actually make time to sit down and watch.

Button really does deserve the championship this year, and I think brawn as a team are pretty un stoppable at the moment. I feel abit sorry for hamilton and koavalinen, since the mclarens clearly arnt quite up to scratch, especially not compared to last year... Would have be amazing to have had a brawn mclaren battle.

Anyone just watch qualifying? The Red Bulls were flying. From watching the end of Q3 though it looks like the top end of the field has levelled out now though.

doubt alonso has much fuel left although its hard to say - Piquet is soooo shit its untrue ...

I would suggest that Braun are going to slowly slide back this year as the teams around with higher budgets develop their cars - not an aweful shock to see them back on 4 and 5.

But for now I think it could be a mega race - any of the top 5 could take it !! Nice to see...