Music Hip Hop And Others

B.E.A.U

This thread is fantastic! I've always loved hip-hop along the same lines as Busdriver (fast and, or intelligent/incredible vocabulary) Who out of the artists in this thread should I look up?

CunninLynguists are pretty fast.. and some of their songs are quite cleverly done too. Check 'em out.

Adam

I haven't read all of the replies.. So sorry if these recommendations have been mentioned..

If you like UK stuff.. Then Plan B's album 'Who Needs Actions When You Got Words' IS one of the most original and best albums to come out the UK in YEARS. He also has a mixtape CD called 'Paint It Blacker', it's quite hard to get hold of.. But it's pretty amazing. He takes old / classic songs (nirvana, Rolling Stones etc) and gives them a proper dark twist.

For American stuff.. Lupe Fiasco's album 'The Cool' is definately worth a listen too.. He's one of the most under-rated artists I've ever heard. He's flow and lyrics are brilliant.. And it's something a bit different.

Also worth looking out for:

Skinnyman (UK artist, been around forever.. A bit of a legend)

Low Key (London rapper.. Should be more famous than he is!)

Immortal Technique (amazing lyrics, flow, beats.. Everything!)

Tech N9ne (Just all around brilliant!)

Also, if you're bored.. I've just set up an artist page on MySpace.. Gonna get some of my own tunes up soon. There's only one uploaded at the moment, feel free to have a listen at www.myspace.com/frika2008