Raleigh Sport

cheesy

I'm not using it as a trials frame till i get my new frame, im just using this bike to get to a-b faster because walking takes a long time to get to my mates lol

Yer you are Lee that what you've been telling everyone.

You wanted to go 26" remember.

Lmfao.

:giggle:

DSC00026-1.jpg

(dont care what you all say its my bike i do what i want)

All i need to do on it now is put my hs33 on then its done.

please post a vid !

when bike is done mate i'll make a 2-3mins vid and put it up just for you mate

It shout be out riding by this weekend i hope :)

to be honest lee i think you will be able to pull this one off because you can ride anythink youve rode yoiur da bomb before with no front brake the cranks offset to each other bent forks that bad that you had to crash into a wall to get them straight agen lol so shorely you should be able to ride this

to be honest lee i think you will be able to pull this one off because you can ride anythink youve rode yoiur da bomb before with no front brake the cranks offset to each other bent forks that bad that you had to crash into a wall to get them straight agen lol so shorely you should be able to ride this

Thanks mate i'll be out on it today i hope.

looks okay...i used to ride a trek 820 for trials and that was 410mm chainstays and -45 bb drop...was rideable ish for trials......

If you want to ride that...then just ride it, remember ...its not th ebike it s the rider..up to an extent that is...but you have to remember that geo is nothing like a trials bike..and it will be very heavy

Hello I will have a new frame for my bike in a week or so need one little part. Got my new forks and disc brake today.

My new frame is a giant team trials and I got giant forks running a hope disc brake.

Will get pics when its up and running for you all.

....Cheesy....

Edited by cheesy

ohhh :( I was looking forward to seeing that in action! The giant will just be any old old-school bike but that raleigh would have been very intresting to see in action.

i can't use my new frame yet still waiting for so parts to comeim still using my raleigh :) so yer you will see it in action.

What I find funny about this forum, is that they don't understand what can be done on any bike. Seeing as the saying goes, "a bad workman blames his tools". Basically meaning, they couldn't do trials on anything else than trials specific.

Look at Martin Ashton - he could do anything on my Mustang! Bet only a few on here could...

What I find funny about this forum, is that they don't understand what can be done on any bike. Seeing as the saying goes, "a bad workman blames his tools". Basically meaning, they couldn't do trials on anything else than trials specific.

Look at Martin Ashton - he could do anything on my Mustang! Bet only a few on here could...

Im sorry but what you have said is rubbish. Trials bikes really do depend on geometry, yes ok old xc frames were used, but, since specific trials frames have been made trials has progressed so much in terms of what 'tricks' are possible. I doubt Martin Ashton could ride that raleigh like his normal trials bike.

As for the 'bad workman blames his tools', that isnt the case here. Should be 'riding that bike for trials is like a builder using screwdriver as a chisel' it works but doesnt do the job.

This comes back to the whole, it's not the bike, its the rider thing. Which is bollocks in my view!

If you put benito ross on a t-vee, he would be able to ride it better than most of us, but nothng like as well as he would on his koxx. Put him on this raleigh thing, and the situation would be even more extreme.

I can ride around on my brother's bike, get used to it and do some good stuff for me, then get n my bike and be instantly more comfertable and able to do bigger, smoother stuff. And that is on a Spec 2 T-Lite with a very nice spec.

If I can feel that difference between a T-Lite and an Echo Lite, then I'm pretty sure than Martyn Ashton couldn't do a lot on that raleigh.

That being said, as long as you enjoy yourself, it doesn't really matter.