Sponge

lol, contrary to popular (yet silly) belief, you never hit your balls on the saddle. Ever. You'd have to be a compete spaztard to do that or run your saddle waaaayyy too high. ;) The saddles are curved, so there is a dip in the middle, basically if any part of your body's gonna hit the sadde, it's your bum cheeks. Even so, on the biggest drops, you never really hit your bum either.

• 2 weeks later...
lol, contrary to popular (yet silly) belief, you never hit your balls on the saddle. Ever. You'd have to be a compete spaztard to do that or run your saddle waaaayyy too high. ;) The saddles are curved, so there is a dip in the middle, basically if any part of your body's gonna hit the sadde, it's your bum cheeks. Even so, on the biggest drops, you never really hit your bum either.

i try abit of this uni stuff for fun sometimes and i always seem to hurt my balls

KOXDAYS_2008__0180.jpg

Is Benito resting his bike on his head or holding it up by one hand on the fork?

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

ha i was thinking the same thing! looking at benito hes prob holding the whole bike up with his little finger!

Should really wear a helmet, but hey, trials is mostly a very low-impact and low-speed sport, that if you can bail like a pro, you don't need it for most stuff.

I honest to God am about to ban you for saying something so ridiculously stupid, reckless and arrogant.

Rich

Hahaha, Rich, that comment was with regards to Joe, and not to myself ;)

I wouldn't encourage not wearing a helmet. I know that this forum as a very pro-helmet attitude, which is great! But that comment was giving an explanation partly as to why Joe doesn't wear a helmet: in short: he can bail like a flying squirrel. I would not be confident on natural without a helmet, but he gets away with it, he's got all that background from skating and is a pretty good freerunner (by pure luck, not that he practises!) so he's got the art of bailing sorted. :) We're talking unicycle trials as well, when you're at high enough a level, the risk difference between hitting your head by riding a uni and bike is very wide. Head-hitting is damn rare for uni trials, but still, it's good practice to wear a helmet. Some choose to, some don't.

:)

This guy is SERIOUSLY good. Really can't believe some of the stuff he was trying. Joe would probably beat me in a comp on the same terrain :blink:

Great pictures too, benito's gap....hope he didn't make that, thats so sick :(

Good riding joe, nice to meet you in buthiers (I filmed you a bit with that guy and his cool dog :) )

Hahaha, Rich, that comment was with regards to Joe, and not to myself ;)

I wouldn't encourage not wearing a helmet. I know that this forum as a very pro-helmet attitude, which is great! But that comment was giving an explanation partly as to why Joe doesn't wear a helmet: in short: he can bail like a flying squirrel. I would not be confident on natural without a helmet, but he gets away with it, he's got all that background from skating and is a pretty good freerunner (by pure luck, not that he practises!) so he's got the art of bailing sorted. :) We're talking unicycle trials as well, when you're at high enough a level, the risk difference between hitting your head by riding a uni and bike is very wide. Head-hitting is damn rare for uni trials, but still, it's good practice to wear a helmet. Some choose to, some don't.

:)

I'm gonna hold my hands up on this one and say I think I may have overreacted slightly on that, but kudos to you for taking the higher ground (Y) seriously thought I was gonna be in for some heavy duty flaming.

I think the way I read it came across more as "You don't need to wear a helmet if you're good," and that there was a lack of distinction between uni trials and bike trials, which is kind of what sparked the nerve there.

Cool pics, again, apologies for the overreaction. Although there would honestly have been SOOOO many better ways to word that.

Rich