!help!

hello people hope all is well in T.F.! just got my half price adamant pads from tarty bikes(i know they only brake pads but they look trick with them being white!).this trials ridin has turned out to be more addictive than the XC ridin i used to do!!!! only prob is i seem to be struggling with my confidence in tryin new manouvres i bottle everytime and i'm startin to get p=+£%d off with myself!!!.My biggest fear is loosing it big style off the back and obviously this is holding back any advancements i could be making!!!! i'm needin somone to ride with as i think my ridin bud has given up!!! i think it best to ride with someone as it makes for a more enjoyable experience!!!! oh and by the way does (or has) anyone rode a team mad phase 1.2??? if so how good are they compared to similar bikes in strength quality etc etc cheers for reading please post back if anyone has any ideas to get me to the "the next level" :blink:

Practise practise practise :)

Learn to be looser and more relaxed on the bike and how to step off the bike when you need to bail, trashzen has everything you need to know about the basics.

A well set up brake that you can rely on and trust to hold you is a massive confidence booster, so is a grippy big tyre on the back as it gives you a larger contact patch to balance on.

yeah trust me dude, you wont go anywhere fast without decent back break! you maybe should have payed a litle bit more and got heatsink blueberry, pads.

they have AMAZING hold and a very snappy bite, nice sound to them aswell.

just go out wack your mp3 on.

maybe go along to some of the rides that the members organise?

get some tricks n tips there?

i'm sure they would be more thn delighted to help you out.

Dan.

yeah trust me dude, you wont go anywhere fast without decent back break! you maybe should have payed a litle bit more and got heatsink blueberry, pads.

they have AMAZING hold and a very snappy bite, nice sound to them aswell.

just go out wack your mp3 on.

maybe go along to some of the rides that the members organise?

get some tricks n tips there?

i'm sure they would be more thn delighted to help you out.

Dan.

Owwww......i don't want my back to break!

I do agree that white pads look the nuts!

To give your brake a bit more bite use a grind or tar. This will increase the stopping power you have, thus increasing confidence. To start off with i would suggest tar, as grinding your rim over time will weeken it and as a beginner you'll be coming up short on a fair few things. I myself still use tar on a smooth rim and on my stock i use tar with a grind.

The Mad Phase bikes are OK to begin with, however, you will out grow the components rapidly. The geo is fairly streety i felt, but would be a good all round trials bike. I would suggest getting a second hand one from the forum. I know new members are not meant to buy/sell, but if you get in contact with the seller via email and send the money, they will send the goods (Y).

Good luck (Y)

Neil

sorry typo,

i meant "a decent back break"

but if he is a beginner, he probably wont use the right amount of tar, therefor his break will lock up unexpectedly.

i myself havn't used adamant pads.

you will have to tell me how they feel?

but tar is a good option if you dont use TOO much,

my standard maggie blacks were quite good with tar, so i'd love to see what a decent compound break pad would be like with tar.

Dan, (Y)

Edited by Dan x)

sorry typo,

i meant "a decent back break"

but if he is a beginner, he probably wont use the right amount of tar, therefor his break will lock up unexpectedly.

i myself havn't used adamant pads.

you will have to tell me how they feel?

but tar is a good option if you dont use TOO much,

my standard maggie blacks were quite good with tar, so i'd love to see what a decent compound break pad would be like with tar.

Dan, (Y)

cheers for advice lads i have already ground the wheel and from what im readin i think abit to harshly (went through my rear pads far to quickly) does everyone grind the front rim aswell or is that to aggressive over the bars stylee???!!.No prob DAN X i will keep you informed on how me brake set-up works

yes i think some riders do grind there front rim,

maybe somehing to do with tapping?

the extra grip like.

watch the rim grind video in wiki.,

its vey helpfull.

also you can tell who has ground there rim or not :)

just by looking at it :)

Dan. =]

yes i think some riders do grind there front rim,

maybe somehing to do with tapping?

the extra grip like.

watch the rim grind video in wiki.,

its vey helpfull.

also you can tell who has ground there rim or not :)

just by looking at it :)

Dan. =]

NONONONO! You will hurt yourself!

When you tap you do not touch your brake, the reason for grinding the front rim is the same as the rear - more bite and hold. Helps for front gaps, hooks, etc.

If you do run a front maggy most riders will grind their front brake as they need the extra power when going big. plus it will work in the wet!

Neil