Megapads

BenLeacock™

Im sort of cringing at the idea of you putting money into this and trying to make a business. Youve had a very poor start, with some bad publicity already, and the fact that your having trouble sourcing the compound you need for the basis of the company is an even bigger worry! I would take a long hard think about if this is going to actully work, or wether you need to concentrate on your school work more.

In my opinion the website was a bad idea, the whole things all over the place and very very unprofessional. You yourself give accross the impression that you are unorganised and atleast take some proper photos rather than screen shots from a video.

Then there is the problem with tax, bet you havent even thought of that yet, and like Ben Cox said about contacting Danny and Tom

But anyway, just some serious things you should take into concideration there, just dont learn a lesson the hard way, take some time to really think this through and decide wether you are capable with the responsibilities that you will have to face.

Im sort of cringing at the idea of you putting money into this and trying to make a business. Youve had a very poor start, with some bad publicity already, and the fact that your having trouble sourcing the compound you need for the basis of the company is an even bigger worry! I would take a long hard think about if this is going to actully work, or wether you need to concentrate on your school work more.

In my opinion the website was a bad idea, the whole things all over the place and very very unprofessional. You yourself give accross the impression that you are unorganised and atleast take some proper photos rather than screen shots from a video.

Then there is the problem with tax, bet you havent even thought of that yet, and like Ben Cox said about contacting Danny and Tom

But anyway, just some serious things you should take into concideration there, just dont learn a lesson the hard way, take some time to really think this through and decide wether you are capable with the responsibilities that you will have to face.

Yeah I agree. Site wasn't really that good for a start, that curb video? Hmm. 8-) And correct me if I am wrongz but you're going into school to get these on a Cad/cam? Seems abit noob to me to be honest.. :ermm: Also, punctuation isn't very good on the website.. but I'm sure it can all be fixed by some spell checker ;)

But yeah.. ^^^ what he said. I think you should just carry on making them at school and give/sell some to a couple of mates, not a proper business out of it (Y)

Thank you for that, ive already thought about all these problems in the period of planning i did before i carried on etc :)

About the contacting danny or tom, im not actualy trying to sell the pads now :S Im just showing the website and what im hoping to release soon. So I didnt think there would be a problem there ?

I am quite happy to face the responsibilitys since ive already got 30+ people intrested in the pads and said they are defo taking a pair when they are realeased and a company which will be using the pads in there standad braking system so im quite happy to take the responsibilitys ! :)

Yeah I agree. Site wasn't really that good for a start, that curb video? Hmm. 8-) And correct me if I am wrongz but you're going into school to get these on a Cad/cam? Seems abit noob to me to be honest.. :ermm: Also, punctuation isn't very good on the website.. but I'm sure it can all be fixed by some spell checker ;)

But yeah.. ^^^ what he said. I think you should just carry on making them at school and give/sell some to a couple of mates, not a proper business out of it (Y)

Ok thanks for your point, about the curb video, it wasnt a video to show big riding, there is no need in a pad preview ? Its just to show that the pads work, they have nice sound, and bite well ? If you want to watch them in use, watch danny swindlehursts new video ! (Y) Like i said at the start of the topic, the site is going to change, i wasnt going to put this site on here yet, but was told to by some other riders. What is so noob about getting them cut out on a cad/cam ? I have access to the facilitys so why not use them ? If people want for some strange reason I will cut them out by hand aswell, just doesnt really make sence to me when they will look a lot better and will be a perfect fit ?

Hope this clears some things up!

Ben

Edit: im also getting a new rim which is currently stuck in customs, if has come from america zhi. Im going to make a little clips video with the new pads and not use any tar or grind, just because of the miss understanding, the riding wont be MASSIVE but will give people a better idea and prove that the pads do work just aswell with out tar. Danny was using tar on his old zoo's which are ment to be the best pads for a smooth ever :S Just for abit of comparision.

Edited by BenLeacock

• 3 weeks later...
About the contacting danny or tom, im not actualy trying to sell the pads now

Tom has said that he's cool with people starting up new businesses via TF. If a company becomes big, they can pay for advertising banners. So it helps everyone in the long run (users, the company, and TF who stand to get advertising revenue). Look at the current banners - Heatsink, Inspired, Trials-UK, Tarty etc - None of those guys would be around if it wasn't for trials-forum, and now they pay the server bills :)

Whether or not this particular business will make any money is another matter. Good luck with that.

• 1 month later...