The Gta 4 Thread

Boswell

Okay I want to be a gangster.

Thing is I have;

1)Not pre-ordered in any way shape or form.

2)Not actually got a console for it to play on.

So what I need to know is when am I likely to get the game, will it be like other hyped up games where actually I can just walk into the shop on the day of release and pick it up or am I going to be waiting a couple of weeks? Xbox or PS3? More importantly the £300 PS3 deal of play.com someone mentioned that is the 40GB one apparently from the most unreliable computer source ever (Prawn) the bigger memory ones do other things that are cool. So is that really a good deal or am I selling myself short?

Money isn't an issue as I have just found out I have been paying for NTL in a house I moved out of 9 months ago and did cancel at the time they said they will refund me! Whoop!

Okay I want to be a gangster.

Thing is I have;

1)Not pre-ordered in any way shape or form.

2)Not actually got a console for it to play on.

So what I need to know is when am I likely to get the game, will it be like other hyped up games where actually I can just walk into the shop on the day of release and pick it up or am I going to be waiting a couple of weeks? Xbox or PS3? More importantly the £300 PS3 deal of play.com someone mentioned that is the 40GB one apparently from the most unreliable computer source ever (Prawn) the bigger memory ones do other things that are cool. So is that really a good deal or am I selling myself short?

That's a pretty good deal. Play.com are also doing one with an xbox360 (premium) + GTA IV for £199 if you have no preference on which console to get. http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/53879...html?dpr=132836

They're due for sale on 2nd May (so basically a week behind the actual GTAIV lauch - and there's nothing about it being sold out. So I don't know how likely you are to get it on time, but it looks OK.

There's not much difference between the 40Gb and 60Gb PS3s. Obviously the difference in hard drive space but that's pretty negligible. And apparently the 60Gb one has more USB ports and a card reader, which might be useful one day I suppose. The big difference is that the 40Gb one is newer and won't play PS2 games. I'm not sure if the 60Gb one ever did in the UK (?) but the 40Gb one definitely won't.

EDIT: Play.com are sold out of GTA IV on the 360 and PS3, but it looks like you can still buy that £300 bundle.

Do shops keep a certain amount of stock back to sell in store? or if it all goes mail order do they just not put it in shops?

Im actually tempted (VERY sad I know) to go to tesco at like 12 tommorow to get it... Im going out anway in that general direction and probably wouldnt normally leave till like 11...

hmmm.

Just dont wana stay at tesco till 12 for NO reason.

It's sold over a million pre-order copies more than Halo 3 did.. And that was the biggest selling game in history.. And that was hard to get hold of a copy for a good few weeks after release.. If you look hard you'll probably get a copy... If you're lucky lol.

The lack of a console problem, it makes much more sense to get a 360 for it.. Because it's £100 cheaper, has a much better online service / community (and GTA is gonna be immense online!), Is getting exclusive downloadable content for GTA, plus it has a lot bigger catalogue of other games, the games are cheaper, graphics are noticabley better on virtually every game thats out on both consoles, games run at higher frame rates than PS3 versions.. The list goes on lol.

PS3 has a blu-ray drive though, and is quiter..

Choice is yours!

It's sold over a million pre-order copies more than Halo 3 did.. And that was the biggest selling game in history.. And that was hard to get hold of a copy for a good few weeks after release.. If you look hard you'll probably get a copy... If you're lucky lol.

The lack of a console problem, it makes much more sense to get a 360 for it.. Because it's £100 cheaper, has a much better online service / community (and GTA is gonna be immense online!), Is getting exclusive downloadable content for GTA, plus it has a lot bigger catalogue of other games, the games are cheaper, graphics are noticabley better on virtually every game thats out on both consoles, games run at higher frame rates than PS3 versions.. The list goes on lol.

PS3 has a blu-ray drive though, and is quiter..

Choice is yours!

Hey, I would promote a 360 over a PS3 too, but saying that 'graphics are noticabley better on virtually every game thats out on both consoles, games run at higher frame rates than PS3 versions' is something you have clearly just fabricated in your head.

The 40g ps3 is a good machine. the difference between 40g and 60g is that the 60g has 4 usb ports, memory card readers and the ability to play ps2 games. But the quality it plays the ps2 games is shocking. The ps3 60g is also no longer available as they dont make it anymore, unless you can get one on ebay, but they are expensive even second hand as they arent made anymore. My opinion, if you want to play your old ps2 games(if you have any) keep that and buy a ps3 40g for new stuff. but i really wouldnt bother with a 60g to be honest. never had any problems with my 40g (touch wood).

No matter what they say, Tesco's will have some on the shelves, at like 11 o clock

well they did with San Andreas anyways

the shop assistant putting them out said i'm not allowed buy one till midnight, but I took it to the counter and they sold it to me anyways =D

pre ordered the special edition from game station cause I want all the crap that comes with it :P

do you think they'll do trade ins tonight? cause iff not i'll get it in the morning so i can save some coin :Plol

Plan on getting it after my exams, so that i don't fail and have to pay another years tuition fees because of one game.

Will hopefully be around the same time that shops start getting more copies in.

Yeah i'm waiting til after my exams to get it. My friends got thiers days ago from www.shopto.net

Guy at work is booking 2 days off just to play this game haha. 50 inch telly he has aswell. Im jealous.

People wanting a PS3, wait for the 80gb one to come out, then get the 40gb at a cheaper price.

I want the special edition game pack just for the duffle bag and bank safe box :D

Edited by Si-man

Guy at work is booking 2 days off just to play this game haha. 50 inch telly he has aswell. Im jealous.

People wanting a PS3, wait for the 80gb one to come out, then get the 40gb at a cheaper price.

I want the special edition game pack just for the duffle bag and bank safe box :D

Why book the days off when you could just pull a sicky! :lol: