The Gta 4 Thread

Boswell

Been playing it on my mates PS3 and it's pretty good. The driving is a bit annoying though cause you tend to just slide around and crash alot. The driving in the older ones was much more fun. Don't like the crappy Russian accents either.

I think the driving is much improved, once you play for a few hours you improve alot, it's not something you pick up instantly. Also they don't have good Russian accents for a reason.

Just got an e-mail off tesco's wont arrive till next tuesday due to no sunday service and bank holiday, ah well, can get some revision done first!

just waiting till the price drops because im sure it will, also when the price drops there should be no difficulty in getting it.

Yeh i suppose thats a good idea, although i dont know how much it will go down by as £39.99 isnt too bad

The missions with that rasta bloke really annoy me lol he talks like a right t**t can't understand a word!

after playing for a few hours I got a bit better at the driving so its not that bad now...

LOADS better than san andreas, that was deffinatly the worst in the Series (N)

the mobile phone and sending text messages, ringing up birds and taking them on dates is a nice touch as well (Y) also because you have a phone you can ring people up and ask for the next mission rather than just driving round aimlessly waiting for them to ring up and offer them to you.

the new stars system is good on this one as well, where you have a circle on the map that you have to exit as legally as possible before you can lose them, and also the squad cars come up as flashing lights so you know where they're coming from.

Police do seem a little slower on this one though, also if you get a squad car you can pul people over by driving behind them and then parking up when they stop.

the swimming seems to work a lot better on this one as well which is good.

all in all its a great game, well worth the hype, just wish i hadn't opened it before the exams, because i'm now going to fail due to obsessive playing lol

Already stuck, 13% into the game trying to kill some shitting biker gang. bastards.

Haha, is it "No Love Lost" mission ?

Is it the one where you are sent by that bloke to kill that guy because the biker dude is see'ing his daughter ? and you have the chase them into the woods and kill them ?

If so, don't try and kill them whilst on the bike, follow them untill they get off in the woods, there will be around 10-15 men, take your handgun/sub machine gun (shotgun is useless at long range), hide behind a tree and take them out one at a time, don't go rushing in or else you just get swatted like a fly :P

Can one you guys that has it, give me your address. I have lovely crowbar that is just dying to meet your face an rob your game. :$

Get your Xbox 360 flashed and i can send you a copy :P

Edited by Danny Kearns

Got the game last night, really like some of the improvement they have made, such as really slow police, the mobile phone to start mission etc.

A bit disapointed with the funny driving angle, you sit slightly to the left. Does this bother anyone else? Also when driving you vision seems very limited at the sides meaning i kept missing my road turning.

Apart from that it great and i cant wait to play it later.

bond, HMV in town had copies left when i went there this morning for both consoles. got mine pre-ordered from gamestation they guy there tried to flg me the speacial pack for like £69 tempting but couldnt afford to spend that on a game.

Went today and got it, cheers Nick!

ahhh mannn, total dissapointment with the handling of the cars, was really hoping theyd drive more like the ones on vice city, these have f**k all grip on the road. There better be some planes too.

everything else is top notch

Edited by jebend