Onza.com

A little off topic from the site now;

It says that the mod frames wheelbase will be, Ice - 1025, Limely - 1015 and Triad - 1005.

Why so short? Granted that 1025 is reasonable, but the other two are way too short IMO.

Like I was thinking of getting a 20" Limely, but being 6ft, 1015 isn't enough.

It says that the mod frames wheelbase will be, Ice - 1025, Limely - 1015 and Triad - 1005.

Why so short? Granted that 1025 is reasonable, but the other two are way too short IMO.

They're comp orientated, which generally tends to mean shorter? e.g. X-Lites, the old T-Lites, and so on. I prefer longer WB mods, but a lot of comp riders don't, it appears. Benito rides a short frame, too :P

If you want to see the half finished version...http://www.e-calibre.co.uk/onza/onza001.swf

Don't like it myself..too confusing. But there we go.

Thanks?.....? May I ask you where you found this?

Wheel base seems to be changable with other manufaturers forks.

Thanks for the positive comments, Cant really say anymore because its not finished.

Edited by Joe@Onza

The site looks pritty swish, i dont like the parts bit thing though. Where its like a moving set of pictures scrolling along. At the moment its so confusing as the pictures dont even make sense for the product. May be ill like it when all the pics correspond so makes sense. May be alittle more break down would make it alot more navigational better such as parts - drivetrain - and then more selections such as cranks freewheel and so on its just that theres an awfull alot of products that fit drivetrain and also other catergories so scrolling through loads of pics could be confusing and anoying.

when you have sorted the site can you sort andrei out with a decent bike. i cant beleive that hes a team rider and hes riding summat that looks like its come out of a skip.

Dude shut the f**k up, how is he on a shit bike. Do you know him has he said its shit or complained imguessing no so shut up. From his comp results he looks to be riding insanely good and is proberly the best rider in the country. He choose to ride the limey over any protos and could proberly get another bike such as any of the proto 26inch rigs at a click of the fingers as hes onzas top rider.

The site looks pritty swish, i dont like the parts bit thing though. Where its like a moving set of pictures scrolling along. At the moment its so confusing as the pictures dont even make sense for the product. May be ill like it when all the pics correspond so makes sense. May be alittle more break down would make it alot more navigational better such as parts - drivetrain - and then more selections such as cranks freewheel and so on its just that theres an awfull alot of products that fit drivetrain and also other catergories so scrolling through loads of pics could be confusing and anoying..

Dude, Its going to be sorted. No one was ment to see the site yet. The web designer has just whacked any photo in there until I go through it with him. It does scroll pretty quick but I've told him to slow it down.

Dude shut the f**k up, how is he on a shit bike. Do you know him has he said its shit or complained imguessing no so shut up. From his comp results he looks to be riding insanely good and is proberly the best rider in the country. He choose to ride the limey over any protos and could proberly get another bike such as any of the proto 26inch rigs at a click of the fingers as hes onzas top rider.

Andrei seems to be no too anal about how his bike looks, He is happy with it and results are proving that. The limey Geo has complemented his talets and he has quted to be tapping higher then ever with it and sees it as be the frame to ride with this year. His signiture frame should be with us in about 2-3 weeks which he will start testing after the world championships. He might prefur the Limey to his signiture model, We will just have to see. Going back to the looks of his bike, once he gets a few scratchs on it he doesnt come crying to me asking for a shiny new one. Top lad.

Edited by Joe@Onza

Haha! I love the way the 'Onza Hog' falls from the sky at the start,

and then if you hold your mouse over him, he gets his teeth out, and his spikes get bigger and he goes mad :)

then if you click on him, he bites you!

Nice touch guys!

EDIT: please don't ever change the Onza logo, I love that little guy.

Edited by cai

Erm, I'm pretty sure James knows Dre better than you do.

Yeah I know, Just thought that most people had seen the link to it before and that it looks better then the old so it might as well just be on. It only went on line this morning and should be finished on Monday so thought there was no harm. Cheers for the heads up though.

If i put up a clients site into the portfolio without them even knowing, or in fact put the site live when it's half finished, i'd get my arse handed me too, and probably the contract with that client. :unsure:

It might just be my eyes (although my vision is pretty much as good as human eyes can be), its difficult for me to read the small white writing on a black background. Then when i return to reading writing on a light background, it makes that more difficult.

To be honest it reminds me of a site that was 'trendy' 6 or 7 years ago :S

QFT

I honestly spent less than 2 minutes on the site, and was sick. The pictures are all horrible, the navigation is disgusting, it's generally badly designed and is also very search engine unfriendly. None of your content can be indexed by search engines as it's a flash based site and the index page isn't valid XHTML. You dont even have any meta tags! How do you expect people to find your site?

All I can say is congratulations on wasting a nice amount of money that could have gone to a decent developer, you just completely f**ked yourselves over.

Oh and free hit counter, very professional! I personally would have used something like Google analytics.

Mmmmmm tables, brings back memories of 1998!

Christ, I didn't realise that there was more shit on there...

About:

Ask your web designers to look into legibility and basic typography skills, 10-12 words per line is generally considered the most pleasant for reading, also with large bodies of text you need to adjust the leading (line spacing) so it becomes easier to read. Obviously this would be simple if it was CSS/XHTML based, but as it's flash based, that requires going back to the developers to ask them to sort that out. The navigation is also very poor, rather than having previous and next arrows, some kind of scrolling box would probably better, maybe two columns, one for the staff and one for the introduction?

News:

Blank page, very professional

Products:

The two levels of navigation are horrible, also the text on the right hand side loses all formatting, and as such isn't punctuated properly, spaces after a full stop is generally considered to be the norm, you should probably look into getting that rectified. The pictures all have sharp edges and aren't really rendered properly, they need some kind of anti-aliasing. Also dropping a third navigation into the mixer doesnt help things at all. Also the "To be updated soon" isn't really very useful, is there no way they could set that menu to only show the active elements, in brake pads there are only 2 products but 5 boxes, useful!

Dealers:

That map animation doesnt quite look right to me. Also no instructions leave the user thinking for a few seconds, what am I supposed to do with this thing, some kind of "please click on your country for dealer information" may be useful. I liked when I clicked on Europe, no dealers came up, very useful. I didn't check any of the other continents but I assumed they would be the same.

History:

"The ONZA product history pages are updated this very moment, please return later"

Something not quite right about this sentence, you should probably ask your designers to look into basic grammatical skills.

Team:

Ooh, very nice, a popup, with the address http://www.e-calibre.co.uk/onza/team.html

Looking very professional! How about hosting it in your own domain, or even working it into the current site, also giving instructions for a user to type an address isn't very user friendly, especially when the site doesnt even work. Tell your designers that SWF files can actually be embedded into other SWF files in Flash, if they need a manual I believe O'Reilly do a good book, the link is here http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510589/ if they need it.

Media:

Neither photos or videos work, and the largest your wallpapers go is 1280x1024, now I'm a graphic/web designer, so I'm used to a large screen, so I've been using a 1680x1050 monitor for the last 3.5 years. However as 20" monitors are now starting to become commonplace, you really should look into designing backgrounds for that size monitor, at least. I'd probably offer them at the following resolutions

2560x1600 / 1920x1200 / 1680x1050 / 1600x1200 / 1440x900 / 1280x1024 / 1280x800 / 1152x864 / 1024x768

as they're considered standard these days.

I also can't find any way of contacting you if I have a query regarding the site or products, I see a nice big link to the site developer, but I'm pretty sure they're not interested in my questions about the warranty on frames and parts.

As you've now officially "launched" this site, and it's had over 3000 visitors from what the counter is telling me (I have a feeling this is bullshit), I would have thought it would be ready to go, but apparently not. You should have probably looked into rectifying some of these problems before putting your site into the public domain.

I hope you find this feedback to be constructive, and not abusive. As a recent university graduate these are all things I would expect to be finished before I allowed the final product to be put online, you wouldn't put a frame out without proper testing and feedback, or a complete bike out missing vital components, so why put out your website? I know you're known for having a shit website, but for many people this is the first place they will go for information, when they go on there and can't even find out where to buy your bikes from, i'd say you're not really helping newcomers into the sport.

A major part of your brand re-launch should be your website, so please try to get it right, or the onza bashing you've become used to over the last 5 years will probably start to make a comeback. There seems to be an overall lack of professionalism across the whole site, I would try to get it rectified asap.

All the best,

Jon

Edited by JonMack

Definatly needs a lot of work. I picked out one page, which happend to be the dealers, you have the whole world in front of you to find that the only dealer you have on there is England.

Why has this site been released when it's content is only 30% what it should be. Terrible first impression.

the only dealer you have on there is England.

And Wales :)

I'm quite dissapointed with this website, as said before - why release it when its barely done?

Also some links to dealers of Onza would be nice. Like Tarty, T-UK and Rock and roll cycles (or whatever its called now)

Edited by cai

Why has this site been released when it's content is only 30% what it should be. Terrible first impression.

I'm quite dissapointed with this website, as said before - why release it when its barely done?

Because Boon linked to it here, so people could just go and look at it if they wanted to, so they just made it the home-page properly. Blame Squegg (Or whatever their name is), who you can also blame for every point JonMack listed above, haha.