Onza.com

Because Boon linked to it here, so people could just go and look at it if they wanted to, so they just made it the home-page properly. Blame Squegg (Or whatever their name is), who you can also blame for every point JonMack listed above, haha.

That's hardly a reason to release it though. Surely it's best to take criticism onboard and look about changing it before going anywhere near the Onza.com domain?

If i put up a clients site into the portfolio without them even knowing, or in fact put the site live when it's half finished, i'd get my arse handed me too, and probably the contract with that client. :unsure:

well fortunatly I'm not too fussy about it.

I cant believe you would say that comment on a public forum, the fact as pointed out if a designer did that they would loose the contract and you say your not bothered. The fact it has been released half finished on there portfolio has been reflected on you, everyone thinks its unproffesional and now that unproffesionalism has been reflected on you because of that comment and makes onza look bad.

How it seems to me is that the designer you have used is shite. Jonmack pointed out so many faults which your designer should have know about, things like you should of been told about it being so anti search engine friendly. Seems like you have 2 options you try muddle your way through it or you turn things around sort it out striaght away. Because if your wanting to turn the companies imagie around with all these new products then the website will be a big part of it especially seeing as your talking about 100quid rims. Koxx are the only company really to have a half decent site and that means people are willing to pay there prices as they have built a good rep and imagine. A bad site will relfect on your imagie and people in the end just won't want to pay the prices.

I think you should change your designer and take the site ofline and sort everything out before putting it back on.

My views on the site are,

navigation isn't best, i hate the scrolling thing it does my head in

theres a video but no way of pauseing it, i dont see anywhere where you could select another as it comes up and a video just starts.

I can't be bothered to write anything more now as Jonmack has described every point wrong.

Youve obviously shelled money out for the site all i would say is dont be stubborn and think it will be fine and not spend the extra bit to get it all sorted fully as it will just turn out like the old site and go downhill slowly.

Youve obviously shelled money out for the site all i would say is dont be stubborn and think it will be fine and not spend the extra bit to get it all sorted fully as it will just turn out like the old site and go downhill slowly.

Totally agreed.

I still find it baffling that the majority of Trials-connected websites are (honestly) absolutely dire, when Trials in general is quite geeky/techy and for the most part centered around this online forum :unsure:

how come clicking on the ONZA blog button takes you to this thread? Your blog is your site being criticised by a load of trials riders! :S

I noticed that last night too, it's definitely an improvement over the last site, but after all the talk that has gone on about it. it's a little disappointing.

I also can't find any way of contacting you if I have a query regarding the site or products, I see a nice big link to the site developer, but I'm pretty sure they're not interested in my questions about the warranty on frames and parts.

I dont mean to be insulting, but why is it that every topic created by ONZA leads to criticism? Instead of getting frustrated about peoples' comments and asking people to slacken off you should just step back and ask yourself what you're doing wrong.

A little patience may help, you seem to be trying to get everything out there before its ready.

That's what i just said.

Yeah, and I said it 3 days ago :S

Guys, Please just chill a second. I've been away with work for the past week and a half and I'm still working on it. Give me a break jeeeezz..........

I was just letting you know the things I thought were wrong with the site, sorry.

Not sure if this is delebrate, but when you click to look at a bike, whilst it is loading it has the little hedgehog then to the right it says contact onza ?

But when you try to click it it doesnt actually work, seems to me someone from sqegg has left a layer on show in the flash file by accident.

Yeah, and I said it 3 days ago :S

I know, i thought it was silly that i was quoted with 3 dots just becuase i obviously missed out that paragraph. So i said something even sillier in responce.

It needed to be said twice anyway. :)

the contact onza hedgehog button seems to work now.

It brings up a window of windows mail here.

The onza team is now on the onza domain.

Some of the stuff in about us would go well on the history page. That way, you'd not have an empty page knocking around.

Edited by Revolver

Yeah i get what you mean. I've not finished it yet though, Do you think I should take it off line?

Start again fresh, without 'Squegg' and flash. Listen to Jon, and spend time on it. Instead of rushing because us lot are impatient. :P

I hate to be so negative but yeah, I'd start again.

I don't know who these Squegg people are, but they aren't that good.

Your products are getting better every time you release a new one, at least do them justice by having a nice site...

Not sure about other people but I'd be happy to help out for a little cash :) (I mean a little, not a package for £2,000 or something mad)

Yeah i get what you mean. I've not finished it yet though, Do you think I should take it off line?

You should never of allowed it to be put on the protfolio and found by boon and never of put it up as you should of relised its only made things worse as an unfinished site is on show and is reflecting bad on onza.

ive always been a big suport of onza through the flack youve had but its seems like your being stubborn with this, this squegg seem to be unproffesional publishing your site without asking and pritty poor aswell as other designers have pointed out. May be you should cancell the contract and find someone else to finish it off and make it into a decent site as it could very well be.

Edited by basher