Best Front Disc Brake For Stock?

Chappie

avid mechanicals are the easiest to service+tinker with, but tend to have power over proportionality + feathering, way cheaper to (i suppose if you pick a small rotor you'd be able to feather it, but it wouldn't compare to a hydro) hopes are also prety awesome but cost a bomb, avid ***...

avid mechanicals are the easiest to service+tinker with, but tend to have power over proportionality + feathering, way cheaper to (i suppose if you pick a small rotor you'd be able to feather it, but it wouldn't compare to a hydro) hopes are also prety awesome but cost a bomb, avid ***...

I ahve avid hydro discs on front and rear of my bike. One thing I can say is when I first got on the bike I was like "well, these are good I guess but I'm pulling this lever too mcuh to stop" but seriously, as I rode it and used the brakes they got more and more responsive. I pull them like 0.5-1" and they're full on, tight as a mother.

I like em. But when I get a trials specific bike I am gunna probably give those maguras a whirl

i have a hope mini pn my echo lite and it is awsome it has modulation but it locks up like anything avids are good and cheap hold well but its what you perfer, i think avids are easier to maintain hopes are harder because of the hydraulics.

Any decent disc brake will be fine when set up correctly/well, with correct bedding in etc.

My 203mm BB7 is phenominal, nigh on untouchable

A friend has an 8" (203mm again) Hayes HFX9 (with some crazy CNC lever upgrade) and it's pretty damn awesome

Hope brakes are also pretty good

Depending on what you have available, you can usually get things set up as you like them too, so it's largely a matter of opinion, and dependent on how comfortable you are with setting up/tweaking things :)