The Official Nasa Speculation Thread

Haz

I hope not.

Maybe they've found the black hole at the centre of our galaxy which stops us all from spiralling out into space?

theres already supermassive blackholes in the centre to begin with, i think

and i got 6pm for 1pm EDT.

is there a link on nasa to stream the report which will tell us?

I don't get it. They've been tracking something for 50 years which is no doubt a bit of rock.

Possibly the asteroid they think is coming and will wipe us out.

I vote lying on the floor with paper bags over our heads a lá Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Lol I very much doubt they're going to be announcing that they've found aliens. Probably just some big star or black hole that only means something to you if you're an astrophysicist. Would be cool if it was something interesting though!

They've been looking for it for 50 years, which rules out alien life or another planet in our solar system - people have been looking for these for more than 50 years.

yeah me too,

chandra is an xray telescope so i really doubt its an asteroid or anything we can visualise

Yeah, I was thinking that (ABout the X-ray thing). It'll be interesting hearing what they've got to say, though I doubt it'll really impact on many people's lives*.

*Prepares to get f**king massively proved wrong.

In theroy... if you went really far away and had a really powerful telescope and turned to face the Earth and could focus the focal range to a certain point in space... would you be able to see dinosaurs? ^_^

ignore me, answer JT's post!

Edited by Concussion

In theroy... if you went really far away and had a really powerful telescope and turned to face the Earth and could focus the focal range to a certain point in space... would you be able to see dinosaurs? ^_^

ignore me, answer JT's post!

Yes.