Ramp Riding

I no this is quite "dumb" but i was just woundering because i do alot of ramp riding on my T-Rex. The town i live in is full of bmx riders and it quite anoying because they dont understand that trials riders do ramp aswell as hop on things lol.

Thanks Blake whoop

Riding trials bikes on ramps does feel like actual shit, in fairness. I did it once or twice on mod and stock, and it always felt 1000% better on my BMX, so I just didn't really bother on my trials bike once I got my BMX up and running.

i actually like riding ramps on my trials :P

i can show up the chavs at the local park who think they are the buisness cause they think they can get a little air on their fit bmx's "the make" cause i can air like twice as much as them on it :P

Dan, =]

im sure trials bikes arent ment for airing out of half pipes or 180 disastering. if your into stuff like that shouldnt you be on a bmx?

Or people could do what they like on their own bikes? Do you tell people what music they are allowed to listen to on their MP3 players??

I ride a bit of ramp on my DMR, though that's a DJ bike not Trials so the gearing is a bit better for it... I ride that thing all over the place, street, park, dirt... :)

I ride watever bike I am on at the time for whatever purpose. I always end up at the skate park on my trials bike and everyone there loves it. Just ride what you want.

P.S. the most stylish guy in my local park is a trials rider who shows up everyone by hopping up the side of the quarter.

It's always very interesting to see trials riders ride park. The riding style is totally different. It's like suddenly someone comes down and does something which is soooo different from what everybody else is doing.

It's been 2 weeks since my 24'' is built, and this weekend I have decided to go to the park! Since I was riding mtb street last time, I guess the feeling should be pretty much the same (for 180s that is), and now with the addition of a few pedal kicks here and there! I would expect many stares cos at my side no trials riders ride park, and that I have yet to get my seat yet.

Riding park on any trials is fun. You just ride the park differently. Like i wouldn't even attempt to hook a quarter on the bmx but it's fun on the trials bike, especially on spines! Also the fact that i have brakes makes things a little different to as the bmx doesn't.

Sounds like a lot of you need to meet actual BMXers, not just pikeys who hang around at outdoor parks ;)

Pumping properly into a ramp to do \'real\' tricks does feel better on a BMX, simply because if you\'re running slicker tyres at harder pressures, you get more pump to do lines (Instead of wider, knobblier tyres at way lower pressures), and your body position on a BMX allows you to control the angle you\'re at more, unlike with trials. It\'s just a question of potential, really. You might be able to do a disaster on a trials bike, but that\'s \'cos it\'s just a relatively straight forward lip trick. Doing \"proper\" BMX tricks on it would be way harder.

Either way, I think the key point a lot of you are missing is that you don\'t ride skateparks to \"Show people up\" or whatever. It\'s always funny when people turn up at Southbank and try and do their hardest tricks and no-one really gives a shit...

EDIT: As a related thing, saw someone on a 12\" travel full sus rig trying to ride this bowl (With it finished, obviously) the other day. Why would you ever bother doing that...

Sounds like a lot of you need to meet actual BMXers, not just pikeys who hang around at outdoor parks ;)

Pumping properly into a ramp to do \'real\' tricks does feel better on a BMX, simply because if you\'re running slicker tyres at harder pressures, you get more pump to do lines (Instead of wider, knobblier tyres at way lower pressures), and your body position on a BMX allows you to control the angle you\'re at more, unlike with trials. It\'s just a question of potential, really. You might be able to do a disaster on a trials bike, but that\'s \'cos it\'s just a relatively straight forward lip trick. Doing \"proper\" BMX tricks on it would be way harder.

Either way, I think the key point a lot of you are missing is that you don\'t ride skateparks to \"Show people up\" or whatever. It\'s always funny when people turn up at Southbank and try and do their hardest tricks and no-one really gives a shit...

Very right. The last bit is even funnier. Riding at park's all about nailing something just right.

If you were after a trials bike you could possibly ride on a park, look at the inspired fourplay. Even still, you may as well just keep a bmx for park.

I rode my mountainbike at a park yesterday, it was good, but I had a go on a bmx and I could do everything I used to be able to do when I had one.