Chains

Most people seem to slate half link chains, so it's probably a fairly safe bet to steer clear

However, out of those people I'm not sure how many have used the chains and had issues, and how many have just jumped on the TF bandwagon train of thought and decided "I heard one fail, so they must be poop"

I've been running a single half link for a while now to tidy things up a bit without issues. My chain blew itself to bits yesterday, however it was a standard, untouched KMC factory pressed (mushroomed) link, not the half link or split link that were both present... :rolleyes:

However, out of those people I'm not sure how many have used the chains and had issues, and how many have just jumped on the TF bandwagon train of thought and decided "I heard one fail, so they must be poop"

It's very true as well. But i can say half links are not the way forward. A full half link change is a better bet than a single half link.

It also depends on rider weight, rider kicking strength, gear ratio and all importantly the make of chain.