Stock Bashplates

sstein

I know that this will make me sound like a newb, but why don't stck riders use bashplates?

I have an 04 Onza T-rex, which has the mounting for a bash plate, so I phoned around looking for one to fit. I got told by someone working for onza that the frame was designed to be used with a bashplate that never went into production as for the amount of riders that it would want it, it would not bes cost affective.

So tell me why use bashguards and not the more efficient bashplate?

if you want one made from billet alloy....i could make you one ....£15

To fit the Onza T-rex 04 frame and go around a normal block of rubber, because I was going to try and make myself one with a milling machine and 4mm thick sheet aluminum.

Edited by sstein

I was basing it on the theory that the rubber block absorbs all of the shock and that the metal does little else than keep the block in place and stop it from getting torn apart by the object. So the actual answer is I don't honestly know

Bashplates/ Skiplates/ Bashguards rule. I'd always prefer one over a rock ring/ crank bash anyday. They spread the force over equally plus don't bend as easy i find. Unless you hit it awkward. Or at least they could make crank bashguards out of bloody steel/ chromo, alloy sucks...