Cracked Hope Mono Trials Caliper

shovel

Well my front Hope mono trials brake has been making some really horrible noises for a while, mainly creaking away etc but the other day i took the bike out to go to work and it was howling like there was oil on the pads.......

if you look closely there is a crack in the caliper body just back from where the disc rotor runs through it and when you pull the brake the caliper flexes, the caliper opens out and fluid pours out the crack >_<

just wondering if this happened to anyone else? i've always noticed that since the pistons are big that when you pull the brake hard the caliper flexes open and now it's just finally given up!!

going to phone Hope later and see what they say about it :shifty:

It happened to 'glasvagas' not all that long ago, he was just f**king about on a wee wall and it just cracked and pissed fluid everywhere...

He sent it off to Hope and they replaced, no grief, no hassle, more of Hope's top quality customer service (Y)

We Love Hope :)

• 2 weeks later...

just thought i would update this.......

sent the brake to Hope last Tuesday and recieved the brake back yesterday with a new caliper and pads fitted as well as the brake all bled up etc, feels like new again, all done free of charge under warranty, WOOP!!! ^_^

its quite comon amoung all most hope brakes , as soon as i received both of mine they were very flexy at the lever and after bleeding it about 40 times i realised it was the caliper flexing .

i realy like the new hope mono trials but i dont know if i can justify spending 160 quid on something that feels the same as a bb7 (N)

With brand new brakes they do need to bed in, the lever firms up a lot once the pads are dead square and they have compressed/hardened up.

Mono Trial brakes really flexy at all once set up well and bedded in, espeically not the latest models!