Interview Again...

MadManMike

Hello y'all, sorry to make another thread about job interviews - but this time I have a specific question:

When they ask you at the end if you have any questions it's good to have a couple - but what do you ask?

From past experience they always cover everything in the actual interview!

Top 10 questions.

And things like

* Can you tell me more about the structure of the organisation?

* What kind of management style does your company promote?

* What are the skills that you consider important for this job?

* Do you reimburse travel expenses?

* Do you have a complete job description for this post?

* What kind of software do you use?

* How will my performance be measured?

* Do you have an induction course/notebook?

Probably wouldn't go down too badly, but it all depends on the position/company you're going to really.

Google is your friend :D

Nice work (Y)lol Anyway you can always end on the cheesey line "When do i start" :) But yeah just ask "how the company values there customers and their views on their own sales" Stuff that shows your intelligent enough to know there are actually figures about :P I'm sure you are :)

Tom- Good luck :)

Edited by Boss

Top 10 questions.

And things like

* Can you tell me more about the structure of the organisation?

* What kind of management style does your company promote?

* What are the skills that you consider important for this job?

* Do you reimburse travel expenses?

* Do you have a complete job description for this post?

* What kind of software do you use?

* How will my performance be measured?

* Do you have an induction course/notebook?

Probably wouldn't go down too badly, but it all depends on the position/company you're going to really.

Google is your friend :D

Awesome :)

I used to get every job I went for, but lately I've not had much luck so I'm trying to get as much advice as possible!

When I went for that last one I said "Hmm, you've pretty much covered it I think" - that is what ruined my chances there. Don't wanna do that again!

Just be interested in what they do, ask about cross skilling within the company, how you can help the company become more successful by the company helping you, sound like you are there to stay and grow.

No offense, but I'm not too sure about some of those

* Can you tell me more about the structure of the organisation? - Thats a good one

* What kind of management style does your company promote? - Unless your applying for a job in a really big company I wouldn't bother, most peoples management style is not something they actively think about

* What are the skills that you consider important for this job? - Would they expect you to know this, and have those skills?

* Do you reimburse travel expenses? - Because I'm only interseted in the money!

* Do you have a complete job description for this post? - Maybe, but again wouldn't you have already been given this?

* What kind of software do you use? - Depends on job/company

* How will my performance be measured? - Hmm, spose, seems odd though

* Do you have an induction course/notebook? - Thats a good one too, if prefixed with something about wanting to learn more about the role

What job you actually applying for dude, and why are you applying for it, and where do you expect to go with it?

Edited by Elliot

What job you actually applying for dude, and why are you applying for it, and where do you expect to go with it?

It's a sales job, but not like phoning round places... Customers would call me, I'd check stock levels and if needed talk to engineers to get a part produced then let the customer know how long for x amount of parts...

It's an engineering firm that make parts for NASA, F1 teams, BA etc... Pretty interesting stuff!

It's a sales job, but not like phoning round places... Customers would call me, I'd check stock levels and if needed talk to engineers to get a part produced then let the customer know how long for x amount of parts...

It's an engineering firm that make parts for NASA, F1 teams, BA etc... Pretty interesting stuff!

So maybe something you'd like to get into? Are there other parts of the organisation you'd be interested in, as you could ask about a route to those sorts of roles. You may want to ask about what training is involved in the sales role as you will be talking with engineers about producing parts to customers spec, which is interesting.

Just try and engage them in conversation too, if your interested in somthing they do, ask about it. 'So I hear you make parts for NASA, thats pretty cool. How closely do you work with each other?'

They are all pretty mundane questions, but if you not only express an interest in what you role is going to be, but also seem enthusiastic about the company, hopefully they'll have a good opinion of you. The trick is not overplaying it so that they think you want to get out of the sales role as quick as poss!

- Is there anything you can suggest that I ought to familiarise myself with before I start?

- What do you think I could do to better prepare myself for the role?

Those are a couple I've used before and both were well received.

No offense, but I'm not too sure about some of those

* Can you tell me more about the structure of the organisation? - Thats a good one

* What kind of management style does your company promote? - Unless your applying for a job in a really big company I wouldn't bother, most peoples management style is not something they actively think about

* What are the skills that you consider important for this job? - Would they expect you to know this, and have those skills?

* Do you reimburse travel expenses? - Because I'm only interseted in the money!

* Do you have a complete job description for this post? - Maybe, but again wouldn't you have already been given this?

* What kind of software do you use? - Depends on job/company

* How will my performance be measured? - Hmm, spose, seems odd though

* Do you have an induction course/notebook? - Thats a good one too, if prefixed with something about wanting to learn more about the role

ideally, you might run the risk of sounding like a phoney, unless youre articulate. maybe best to pick ones which is your subject

how will my performance be measured? looks like a good one.

Cheers guys, not quite sure how it went - I think I may have cocked up with my questions :(

I said "What is your training plan" and they said, basically, that a girl will sit with me for 4 days and then that's it.

I said my long term goal is progression and she said, basically, that my position is it, there is no progression from there.

So maybe they think I'm after something better and will choose someone else? I'm not really, I was just trying to make myself sound good but I think I've done the opposite :S

Well, I'll hear on Friday or Monday at the latest so fingers crossed!

Thanks again for your help chaps :)

From what you've said, it sounds like it was her being poorly prepared for your questions, not the other way round. Especially that second one. No one goes into a job thinking that they'll be in that exact position forever. So either she gave a crap answer or maybe the job isn't what you want, if you are looking to progress in the future of course...

Awesome :)

I used to get every job I went for, but lately I've not had much luck so I'm trying to get as much advice as possible!

When I went for that last one I said "Hmm, you've pretty much covered it I think" - that is what ruined my chances there. Don't wanna do that again!

Really?

I doubt a company is gonna say 'well he's exactly what we're looking for, but for that sentence we're gonna have to say no'