Read In..

James

Recently guys, I've been thinking.

I'm getting to that age where maybe I should bow out gracefully. I'm not hated here, but at the same time, I'm not really noticed. I've just started up my own media company, and I've got other things to worry about now. Should I leave TF? I've been a loyal member for nearly 6 years, and I've seen trials change so much. Admitedly I havn't ridden for nearly 3 years, but I've tried to stay up to date on the forum, just because it was my whole life for so long, and to be honest I've just gotten used to checking TF when I come online. I have been here for the big moments. I drove to red bull bike battle with Si Sagar, and rode with the trials kings. I was here when Otherside came online, and it influenced me so much. I rode London with guernseytrials. I met and loved DJ, he was a good friend of mine and I rode with him in nottingham and I miss him so much. My Mum still has a newspaper cutting of the massive amount of riders who came out to tribute him at the first ever DJ ride. I went to every single bikeshow at the NEC for three years with Olly C, who was my best friend for a long time, and I think trials and the lifestyle that came with it has definately shaped me into the person I am now.

Basically, I've just felt lately that I just don't really belong here anymore. I'm starting a media production company with some guys I knew at uni, and I have just come to a point where I think the forum has changed so much, maybe I should leave as I just don't seem to have any impact on anything that happens here anymore. The reason I ask you this is that if I leave TF, it really will be the end of trials for me. I won't have any link to it anymore, and I just wonder what people think, if any of the old riders have an opinion, I'm just interested.

This post may sound wierd, but the fact that I spent so much of my teenage life here, and the fact that I was so close to alot of you along time ago, means that your opinion still means alot to me.

Thanks in advance.

James

It's not really a hard desicion to make is it?

If you like to come onto the from, do, if you don't want to don't.

Or am i missing the point?

I'm basically just asking what everyone thinks. I've been here for a long time, and to be honest, I'm hoping that some of the veterans will give an opinion. I'm basically saying that TF is a difficult thing to give up after 6 years, and what should I do?

i still spend way too much time on here, and dont ride a bike, but at the same time still learn a lot without contributing anything either.

its not exactly such a big contribution of your time and i always recognise the james dean pic ^_^ , been meaning to re watch rebel without a cause again but the version i have is in Spanish hehe

i still spend way too much time on here, and dont ride a bike, but at the same time still learn a lot without contributing anything either.

its not exactly such a big contribution of your time and i always recognise the james dean pic ^_^ , been meaning to re watch rebel without a cause again but the version i have is in Spanish hehe

It's Steve McQueen.

:(

It's Steve McQueen dude.

Edit: Haha, I'm glad someone knows. Anyway, I'm going to bed, hopefully this thread will attract some attention tomorrow.

Edited by James

McQueen > Dean

You may as well hang around, only reason you'd be on here is if you enjoy it.

I've thought the same thing, more than once, and at the end of the day it's still a pretty sweet place to e-hang out.

Edit: Woah, board gone nuts.

Edited by Bender_Bending_Rodriguez

I still don't get it.

Why would you need to ask people if you should quit TF or not? Why do you need to 'quit' at all? Just don't come on here unless you feel like it. TF isn't something you need in your dailey life to keep you healthy like a good diet, and it isn't something that you should cut back on like smoking. I can't understand why this decision takes more thought than finding your hand in a fire and then thinking "Should i remove my hand from this fire?"

*Shurgs*

I completley Understand what your saying.

Ive been riding trials since 1999, I also Went to all the Bike shows, Watched the rise and fall of trialskings, section 7 and ḃtm.

Had the pleasure of meeting Dj, riding with him a few times and chatting on MSN a fair bit. Even If I stop riding ill still go to the memorial rides, as I consider him a friend.

I still ride now and again, not as much as I would like. Im happy to admit I will never be one of the top riders again, just cant keep up, but ill stick with trials as long as I can have fun with it.

Riding for MAD is retty much keeping me in trials, I feel I have to keep practiced so I can ride demos, but at the same time demos are so much fun I want to carry on.

As for trials forum, I joined when it was still tenby trials, Ive seen it go from strentgh to strength through the years.

Like you I no longer make a big impact on here, seems people only want to hear from certain people, and will ignore everyone else unless they become so annoyong they cant be ignored.

But I stick around. Why?

first of all is because I can keep in touch with the many great friends I have made all over the contry by riding.

Also its nice to continue watching the progression of the sport. The new videos and pictures, and even new products. Its nice to know that this sport is soo big now, because when I started all you had were small XC bikes, a DCD and guess work. Now you see people ride for mere weeks excell because of the sheer amount of suport and knowlage available.

And I dont care what anyone says, thats only around because of the true old skool riders like us, who were inventing those moves and breaking those parts.

If you dont feel the need to come on here as much anymore, by all means dont, but I say dont quit. At the very least check back evey so often, see how people are doing and how the sport is.

Hell there may even be a ride near you, you could turn up and enjoy riding just once more before the dredgery of employment takes all your free time.

I stopped riding about half way through 2006, but i've still come on here nearly every day lol I've just started riding properly again now but I don't think I would of if I hadn't stayed on here watching video's and the like.

is just really addictive and becomes sort of routine...

Sit at the computer after a hard day and then its:

my space, trials-forum, my space, play some xbox, trials forum, my space, watch some telly, final my space and TF check then orf to bed lol

It is a really hard habit to kick lol

As long as your still interested then keep posting, even if your not riding anymore, take satisfaction in the knowledge that just by posting your making TF a tiny bit bigger, which in turn, means that your helping the trials scene get a little bit bigger. :)

i can totally see and agree with what you're saying. In much the same story as mr aylesbury and trials_pimp, I've been here a good 5 years or so, and stopped riding around 2006 ish. I didn't quit, I just stopped having the time and noone was riding near me. The trusty old echo still comes out sometimes when I've had enough of everything else in life and want to forget about it.

I've often wondered whether I come on here too much for someone who doesn't ride anymore. I check every day, many times a day and the reason for that is I think it makes good reading and I'm still a supporter of the sport even if I'm no longer an active participant. I'll never "quit" TF, but if it fades from my consiousness then it wont be the end of the world either. I think thats the best way to go about it. I'm not noticed, but then again I never have been so I don't know exactly how you're feeling in that way. But why do we need to be noticed? State opinions where you have one and if someone takes that opinion/advice then thats great.

Don't make a decision not to come here unless it's what you think is best.

I'll never "quit" TF, but if it fades from my consiousness then it wont be the end of the world either.

TF is like an addiction for me. I reckon cold turkey is the best remedy. James if you want banning, let me know, haha. I'd be happy to do it because never liked you anyway :giggle: