Planet X Zebdi

JonZebdi

as per title - are they!?

have searched a few threads and seen that some people think they are out of date?! i have one at the minute but am considering going back to a mod if i can get one and get rid of my zebdi (that isnt i hint at a sale thing as in know they not allowed - was merely stating a fact)

this is my bike:

30-09-06_2121-1.jpg

its the only pic i have of it at the minute - only just got the bike out recently

and this is the spec from what i can remeber:

Zebdi frame

rear tryall drilled wheel with 8spd cassette

rear hs11 brake

2.3 rear tyre

unknown front wheel

front mechanical disc brake (unknown make)

2.1 front tyre

stiffy forks

base stem

echo wide raiser bars

yeti grips (i think)

raceface cranks and bash ring

DMR v12 pedals

FSA bottombracket

lizard skin chainstay protector

echo mini trials seat (union jack)

only been ridden ONCE since it was built to the above spec as i lost interest in the sport but now i am back

What do people think - if i was to sell it what do people think i could / should ask for for it?!

Cheers in advance,

Jon

Edited by JonZebdi

lol - i know it does look like i am wanting to sell - it - i will not hide the fact that i will want rid at some point to get a mod but this thread is by no means meant to be a "for sale" thread as per the rules

i have been wanting to reply to a few of the threads in the main forum but cant as of yet - will just have to bide my time!!

i only stated that its only been ridden once as it has, i built it up in 2006, had a bust up with parents and moved out, left my bike there then got my own house and it went into the garage and i only got it out the other day and that was the first time i rode it with the spec detailed above

i think its cool but still think i would be better suited to a mod - but we shall see what happens really!!

Jon

Not out of date at all - that's easily one of the best looking bikes that's been shown on the forum in a long time

I miss frames with seats :(

cheers for that mate - made me smile that - woohoo!! and i didnt think it was out special

not sure if he is on here or not but i got the frame off a lad called Brett from Durham - seen some of his vids and pics and that boy can ride!! hopefully with bit more practice i can get better than what i am at the minute!!

Jon

looks great!

front disc reminds me of the grimeca discs they used to have.......... i might be wrong?

steve

cheers bud,

really not sure what it is and to be honest it seems a little flimsy - cant even remember where i got the wheel and brake - not sure if i just used an old wheel off an old bike or not?!

Jon

They aren't out of date, but are considered Old Skool - in comparison to the generic Deng frames we are seeing now.

Personally I'd much rather have a Zebdi or something of similar age, as most new bikes look a bit weird :P

EDIT: Mini seat with Union Jack print! True Old Skool! I love that bike mate, look after it, they are a rare breed these days :)

Edited by TheScientist

Cheers mate – much appreciated - Old school eh – I loved the seat and it kinda went with the black and red theme I was going for with the bike so that’s why I got it like!! Haha!!

Cheers for all the comments so far people – so glad that people don’t think its past its best!! Lol!!

Jon

Cheers mate – much appreciated - Old school eh – I loved the seat and it kinda went with the black and red theme I was going for with the bike so that’s why I got it like!! Haha!!

Cheers for all the comments so far people – so glad that people don’t think its past its best!! Lol!!

Jon

Zebdi's and Orange Zero's are becoming hard to get hold of so if you ever do come to sell it you'll probably get a fair bit for it!

Collectors items if you like. I'd keep hold of it if it were mine though!

Zebdi's and Orange Zero's are becoming hard to get hold of so if you ever do come to sell it you'll probably get a fair bit for it!

Collectors items if you like. I'd keep hold of it if it were mine though!

do you reckon?! i am going to keep hold of it for now and see if i can get to grips with it - suppose all i can do is ride and practice again after two years out,

we shall see what happens!!

Jon

Nice bike mate. I had a Mark 1 Zebdi up until about a year ago. Excellent frame, you can do EVERYTHING on them. Rather than the 1080mm + frames which are good for TGS but not manuals etc. I would say stick with it. I did have a Planet X alibongo (got stolen) which I was actually no better on despite the 'updated' geometery!

Short frames are the future!!!!!!!

do you reckon?! i am going to keep hold of it for now and see if i can get to grips with it - suppose all i can do is ride and practice again after two years out,

we shall see what happens!!

Jon

Yeah man, frames that aren't dented can go for a fair bit compared to other old skool frames :)

ah see - i didnt say it wasnt dented - there is a dent or two on the down-tube off the previous owner - seen some of his rides and they were HUGE!!

will see what i can get for it if there is any interest in it - if not - will just keep it and practice on and keep getting better and better!! (hopefully!!)

Jon