Ok, So I Get Bored Easily! Colourful Inspired Fourplay

monkeyseemonkeydo

Is there anything particularly different about that pivotal post other than the sizing, Dave?

The post is basically a fully slammable pivotal post (not the standard more bulky version) in which the post itself (the bit that goes in the frame) makes up a sleeve to make the post 27.2. So rather than being one forging, the pivotal part is pressed into the sleeve. Also has a nice Inspired logo on it but that's obviously hidden! Hope that makes some sort of sense.

The head is like this

seatpost.kink.jpg

Rather than this

fbmPivotalPost.jpg

Do you mean drillings of the bike or just the seatpost Luke?! The bike's actually pretty darn light as it is :D

Pictures on page 1 and 2 here.

And sold it to Tipsy Jock who has some pictures here.

can you clarify what the minus one means please owen?

Thanks for the pics mate, just what i was looking for, thanks!

And Steve, the one is Daves, i will get some snaps and upload em, but i rekon its the nicest inspired!

Owen

The post is basically a fully slammable pivotal post (not the standard more bulky version) in which the post itself (the bit that goes in the frame) makes up a sleeve to make the post 27.2. So rather than being one forging, the pivotal part is pressed into the sleeve. Also has a nice Inspired logo on it but that's obviously hidden! Hope that makes some sort of sense.

As nasty Dave has hidden his logo, for those of you wondering....

seatpost-close-under.jpg

Also shows the extent you can 'slam' the post in to the frame, nice and compact! :D

As nasty Dave has hidden his logo, for those of you wondering....

Also shows the extent you can 'slam' the post in to the frame, nice and compact! :D

:P Was going to take a picture of the assembly before putting it in the frame but I was too impatient to see how it all looked! Because of the sleeve, the seat can be 'slammed' even more than my previous Federal seat/post combo so it really is win-win :D

Sounds good, Dave - Think I might have to invest in something along those lines at some point

I meant drilling the seatpost

StealthWeenie

If you cut the post down so it's the minimum length you need (i.e. level with the half-way point of the top-tube), then it weighs virtually nothing anyway. The seat pan's plastic, the only metal in it would be the screws on the bumpers (which you can take off for the slimmer look ;)), and the bolt is probably gonna be hollow. You can buy ti Pivotal bolts anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a problem to reduce some weight there. Either way, little bit of plastic for the seat + little bit of alu for the post + little bit of steel for the bolt = not much weight anyway. They're super, super light.

Cheers for all the comments :)

Unfortunately I managed to kill my Echo forged cranks today so it's time for a minor upgrade (thinking 7075 Echo CNC's unless someone can show me how to run front freewheel on middleburns...) and have also whacked on a 90x20deg Easton EA50 stem to see how it feels compared to the Simtra.

going back to the colours that I first had lol. then andy done the same blue then you did all in the space of bout 2 weeks lol.its all becuase you all wana be like me. lol shame no1 can ride as well as you lol, but you just try looking like me lol

love it dave thats y mine was blue and while but now its green and white lol.

x

Couple of minor changes to finish the bike off. Now have my TartyBikes stickers back on, along with the obligatory chainstay protector, Trialtech stickers. Also changed back to the Tioga Comp III on the front as I just don't get on with the 2.2 Dmr on there. New components are Trialtech cranks and BB, new Easton EA50 stem (painted white of course) 90mm x 20° and Adamant pads. Pads seem good but a bit on the loud side... I'm not used to that on this bike!! Anyway, comments welcome as always.

dsc03136mediumgy5.jpg

dsc03135mediumzd5.jpg

dsc03134mediumob6.jpg

Oh yeah, and an unseen mod is that the seatpost is now about 50mm long... :D