24" Bar/stem Combo

El Cristoff

Hi,

I'm wanting to start 24", but i have no idea about bars and stem setups for a 24" rig.

I have some Dmr Wingbars, and they feel nice with a nice rise on them, will these surfice?

Also, if they will, i'll need a non-oversized stem to fit them, does anyone know of any good ones?

Thanks for your time, all feedback would be greatly apreciated :)

x

youl want somthing with 2inch+ rise and then a medium/short stem with a little bit of rise and then a fair few stackers.

On my 24 I ran some gusset open prison bars (3inch rise) with a kore stem which I would guess was about 90-100mm with about 10 degree rise, basically a higher front makes for easier hopping....

Is the simtra stem 130x15? The rise sounds fine with the deity's, nice and high, but it is a bit long. You having no luck finding a titec anywhere?

Just seen its 115mm, should be good!! Not too long, but enough for control. Give it a go, if yo got the cash.

Check out the FSA OS's too, rane of lengths, and 6 degress wont be too bad with Deity's....both combos are a compromise.

Edited by Matthew62

youl want somthing with 2inch+ rise and then a medium/short stem with a little bit of rise and then a fair few stackers.

On my 24 I ran some gusset open prison bars (3inch rise) with a kore stem which I would guess was about 90-100mm with about 10 degree rise, basically a higher front makes for easier hopping....

Good advice from Tom ^^

Stem wise, I'm running an old black 100mm KORE stem. The white logo can be scratched off for a stealthy look which is nice. The whole stem has clean lines, and 3 bar clamp bolts. For looks why not consider whether black/white/silver is best to match your intended fork and frame (I only have black forks so it's black forks/stem/bars that I'm going with), plus I think the tube shaped stems go better with the frame tubing rather than the rectangular ones (eg. World Force). For strength under trials conditions I would side-step the ones with a 2 bolt bar clamp and instead go for a 3 or 4 bolt version.

Looking at CRC, if I was buying I'd be happy with some of the stems around 80-100mm for as low as £10-£15 like the KORE, Azonic, Titec ones. I've got bars with a 25.4mm (1 inch) clamp.

CRC Stems by price

On the bars front, that's a harder one to choose. A huge choice of apprantly very similar looking items. From the thumbnails on CRC it's hard to tell the difference between bars. Pick them on length, rise, colour, brand, clamp size. I'd be tempted to avoid the £15 bars though from experience! Maybe aim at a reputable brand around £25-£30. Stems very rarely break so I'm not fussed about the names stamped on the side of these, but bars on the other hand I would be happy to spend abit more on!

Steve

I have a Titec stem for sale, which feels nice on 24's http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=119759

Also, like others have said, a nice set of about 2" + risers with about 27ish" wide. Azonic bars are surposed to be the dog's!

I have also learnt to have risers dead upright, not tilted forward like you might do on a 20 or 26" trials bike! I found it much easier to maual and stuff with them like that.

Owen

I run a black market 3'' bar, and black market stem (the older model 50mm x 12 degree rise, new models have no rise)

Heard from my friends that the bar is very flexy, but I can't seem to feel it yet. Looking forward for the 2'' deity too.

I use a really short 50mm stem cos I'm into more streety moves, will try like 70mm someday.