Competition: Photoshop Kings & Artists Apply Within

Heatsink

My thoughts exactly, with so much info needed it's hard to get it all on there anyway, add that to the (in my opinion) horrible font and tiny working area and it doesn't really add up to a nice brief for design.

Don't people get a bit obsessed about the elements that make up a good logo or banner etc = my last tutor? Sure everyone wants a nice logo/banner and why shouldn't they, but all that colour/font theory seems obsessive for not much reason to me.

Makes no odds to me in the slightest, it's the product and service I'm bothered about and Heatsink fits the bill on both of those counts btw Steve. (Y)

I think a good banner can make the site look very professional. At the moment, the site does look a bit amateurish. I mean we all know that HSB makes great stuff, but I don't know whether a newcomer to the heatsink site would be that impressed?

Anyway, here's my effort. You will notice that I skipped a few things out of the design brief - namely the address. I don't think it needs to be there and it makes it very hard to find space to put other bits (especially with the nav bar cutting into the banner). Likewise with the photo - I think it would be better without. But anyway:

post-40-1210964362_thumb.jpg

Or I can change the bg colour easily enough. How about a zesty green?!

post-40-1210964455_thumb.jpg

It probably needs a different picture. I stole that one from Maher :shifty:

I'm not even going to try make one as my photoshop skills are non existant but can I suggest that someone tries to incorporate some CAD style areas in the background? I think that would go quite well with what Steve does- you know the type, a cog like it's been drawn on a drawing board with centrlines and shizzle...

I tidied it up a bit. Looks better now I reckon, and it's got the address in there too (but no photo, sorry!).

EDIT: Not sure how that looks with the navigation bar. Will have a look in the morning.

EDIT2: This one should play nicely with the nav bar :)

post-40-1211031989_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tomm