Competition: Photoshop Kings & Artists Apply Within

Heatsink

Let's set the end date for 12 Midday Saturday 25th May.

I'm really impressed with recent entries! I have my current favs, and I'm liking the tweaks everyone is trying! I think that the CAD drawing thing would work great, with something ressembling a CAD drawing next to a photo of the real thing. I will make up some CAD drg mock ups as material.

It is a challenge to get the balance between content (rider, text, components) right so it has enough, but isn't too busy. I think that the connecting background is important. Skies, scenary and nice colour gradients work well to make the image less busy. From a riding image point of view, photos which show the extent of the move (height, distance) are powerful, but this would take up more space and so mean the rider is in less detail.

I like the close ups of parts, with careful cropping so the item can be large. Secondary parts in outline (like the bash on Chris' one) look great. A process would look good - CAD drawing - CAD - Photo.

Thanks for all your work so far! I will catch up again tonight.

Steve

tomms is best so far fo sho.

Which one do you like? I know they're all pretty similar, but I can't decide whether I like the logo in the middle or at the side (I probably prefer it in the middle) and the outline version vs the glass shelf thing.

Here a few attempts I knock up earlier. Just a few different colour variations.

Like the blue myself, but don't know whether to put white text. Will do a white version in a minute.

Blue

post-12025-1211219874_thumb.jpg

Yellow

post-12025-1211219908_thumb.jpg

Pink

post-12025-1211219900_thumb.jpg

[EDIT]

Changed the banner a bit, too crowded? (text needs re-doing as it gone fuzzy)

post-12025-1211381349_thumb.jpg

And white

post-12025-1211381361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Godsavethescene

• 2 weeks later...