Best Isis Bottom Bracket?

Chappie

Hi,

Im was considering getting the Truvativ Gigapipe DH bottom bracket from tarty because i heard it was very robust. But then i seen that you need the special Bb tool to get it off, which is £15.

Can anyone recomend another Bb thats really tough that doesnt need this tool?

Oh and its to fit a 73mm shell.

Cheers

Edited by Chappie

i don't think you actually have much choice with a 73mm shell...the truvativ is a good choice (Y)

otherwise- i used an fsa platinum DH on my woodstock which lasted a good while..and has the shimano tool style..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5593

edit- truvativ BB + this tool is cheaper

Edited by zhi nuts!

Truvativ Gigapipe DH - without a doubt.

Best lasting ISIS bb I've ever used, just replacing mine now after 2 years of abuse. :) Previous one lasted a similar length of time & was replaced 'cause of creaks!

All the branded Echo, Viz, Meta, Try-All etc are mostly the same. Some have the larger axle and some have steel cups. Put it this way, they aren't worth the price given. £20/ £30 is a sensible price to pay for one of them. Not clued up on the bottom brackets but i know that much.

i don't think you actually have much choice with a 73mm shell...the truvativ is a good choice (Y)

otherwise- i used an fsa platinum DH on my woodstock which lasted a good while..and has the shimano tool style..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5593

edit- truvativ BB + this tool is cheaper

Is that the same tool as this http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=142 from tarty by any chance?? If it is the truvativ sounds like a good hardy one for me!

Cheers for input guys

Edit - actually, if that tool i mentioned doesnt have a hole in the centre then the axle wont go through?!

Edited by Chappie

Is that the same tool as this http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=142 from tarty by any chance?? If it is the truvativ sounds like a good hardy one for me!

Cheers for input guys

Edit - actually, if that tool i mentioned doesnt have a hole in the centre then the axle wont go through?!

i think that's the same tool...i'm sure they won't mind you asking..!

people are not reading the question..he needs 73mm shell and the generic echo ones are 68!!

WARNING

If you get the BB tool from Tarty... make sure you say it's for use with the Truvativ BB. They have some specially machined ones that clear the axle of the BB. I purchased the tool seperately and ended up having to send it back for the machined version. Hope this saves you some bother.

I've ran the Truvativ Gigapipe for a while on my stock. It's the second one I've bought and think it's great for the price. Feels nice and solid and smooth.

Fyfey

Edited by fyfey

I've had my Try-all BB for over a year and its lasted fairly well, its completly shagged now but its had a good run.

My mate Dans got a Truativ Giga pipe on his python though and it seems sturdy a feck so I think i'm gonig to get one of those next... they've have very good reviews and are really quite cheap as far as strong ISIS bottom brackets go.

Actually yeah

the toxin ISIS bb is like riding with Chuck Norris wedged into your frame

strong as feck

Hahaha! Yeah!

Cheers for the input lads! Prob gonna go with the truvativ and get the tool at sme time from tarty!