I Aint Givin Up That Easy...

bikeperson45

Been practising rear wheel hops for about 3 days now, so far my record iis 17. But toda I got nowhere near that, I got about 7 max. Had to go in as when I was doing it (thought I had sussed it at this point) foot fell off the pedal. Don't know what happened next, but was left standing there with a lot of holes in my knee. Really hurts >_< . Hurts enough not to go back out there and took a few of m extra big plasters. Strangly, can't wait to try again tommorow! I'll get the hang of it. Eventually...

Been practising rear wheel hops for about 3 days now, so far my record iis 17. But toda I got nowhere near that, I got about 7 max. Had to go in as when I was doing it (thought I had sussed it at this point) foot fell off the pedal. Don't know what happened next, but was left standing there with a lot of holes in my knee. Really hurts >_< . Hurts enough not to go back out there and took a few of m extra big plasters. Strangly, can't wait to try again tommorow! I'll get the hang of it. Eventually...

Right on dude. Keep the faith. You might want to think about shin/knee pads too? I've seen quite a few wearing them. Safety first!

Good lad! Keep up the trying, and dont let a shin dig put you off, we all have em, and they bloody hurt. Good to see you still up for it. The more you practice the better you get (obviously) so keep up the good work and youl be a beast in no time :D

Owen

Thanks for the optimisum. Went to hospital actually and they put some stuff on it for the hole to grow back faster. You can see were I hit the pedal, it's bent in. Got some shin pads. B) Can't ride for five days apparently, no un-nessecary risks

Edited by bikeperson45

lmao dont listen to the docs!

get straight back out n ride ur heart out

i remember the days of the holes and bruises in shins/knees/ankles

as they say no pain no gain lol

as someone else said leanr pedal hops aswell or instead itll make back hos a hell of alot easier

then you about ready for static tail whips haha

It took me weeks, if not months to learn backhops. Keep at it, you'll get there. Be glad you're not learning on a 19" steel xc bike </bitter old man> :P

Took me a year and a half to go forward. But upto that time i was the master of going backwards and bunnyhopping into my bashguard. Not onto but into :D

Try standing up more vertical on the pedals and pull the bars closer to your chest. Also try to bounce as low as possible rather than jump. When you can keep your balance on the back wheel just hopping enough to let the pressure of your tire but keep contanct with the floor then you can hop as far back as you want to.