Thinknig Of Switching To Street/jump

Vee

basically i love trials but was thinking about how good it would be to be able to bomb it round the bmx track and stuff at a proper speed lol

but focus on street/ technical stuff

anyone knw any good sites for this sort of thing, i have no clue about frames and things like that

Buy a Zero or a Curtis, but some short travel forks, hit the skatepark for a week or so and you're sorted ;) The stuff you pick up in the skatepark can easily be taken to the streets!

Places like descentworld touch on the street/jump bits and pieces and you could probably pick up a few things there!

Enjoy it!

basically i love trials but was thinking about how good it would be to be able to bomb it round the bmx track and stuff at a proper speed lol

anyone knw any good sites for this sort of thing, i have no clue about frames and things like that

alright mate i have beed riding bmx for9 years. the best online shop is alansbmx.com they do it all. if you need to no anything just let me no happy ot help Jordan.

Any half decent 4x or dirt jump frame that can accomodate 100mm forks will be perfect for what you want. For the front end you can not beat aryles though.

I ride a rocky mountain flow 3.0. Excellent bike, check their site out man.

It's kinda an all around bike. It does well on trails, street, park and I'm liking it with trials as well. The only thing I'd say is that the stem is very very short. Like almost non-existant short. Make sure you get an extender. I have one at a buddy's place that is about 3-4 inches long, maybe longer. I'm gunna slap that bad boy on... Maybe get your second ring removed as well. I've been thinking about that. Its not a lot of weight to lose, but its some. And you can always ditch your seat for an extra pound off maybe. There are lots of things you can ditch to lose some weight.

I guess I should've asked if you're looking for a mod like bike or a stock like bike. Mine is definately more like a stock. 26" wheel.

Hope that helps a bit.

I do know it's a load of bollocks compared to trials if that's any use.

I'm sure I'll speak on behalf of several people here when I thank you for that fantastic contribution to a thread that doesn't require people, much like yourself, being complete cocks and posting shite like that...

Stop being an arse mate (well I use the term 'mate' loosely), it's each to their own, if he wants to try and change his riding a bit then what's wrong with that? As long as we all have a laugh doing what we enjoy.

Rant over, I'm hungover and wound up.

I'm sure I'll speak on behalf of several people here when I thank you for that fantastic contribution to a thread that doesn't require people, much like yourself, being complete cocks and posting shite like that...

Stop being an arse mate (well I use the term 'mate' loosely), it's each to their own, if he wants to try and change his riding a bit then what's wrong with that? As long as we all have a laugh doing what we enjoy.

Rant over, I'm hungover and wound up.

Give or take a few words that's exactly what I was about to write.

To Vee, get yourself on to ridestreet.co.uk and check out the bike pics section - the forum itself is full of unhelpful people and it's not great, but it's a good reference point :)

if your looking for adivece on bikes i would recomend the the giant stp 2 its the bottom of the range stp but the frame is exactly the same as the stp 0 apparet from colour it just has more budget componants on it so therefore cheaper.

forum wise i find the mbuk forums are allright a bit slow compaired to this, you may have to wait a few days for a reply but its allright though.

www.bikeradar.co.uk the its under mountain bike then theres the street forum link in there.

hope any of that helps

Yeah i got some ideas. Visit Southerndownhill.com

Sign up to the forum, you can buy stuff there, and talk about it more in detail.

Me and a few friends rode jump for a while. DMR frames are specialy good for jump, the old rhythm especialy. 24seven frames are also good.

I've got some small forks for sale, and wheels and brakes. Basicaly the start to any good jump bike.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=120119

Want anymore info add me on msn, or email omgdz_joshua.rawr@hotmail.com

im in the i wanna street bike club too. just out of interest if i baught a 24" street frame and some 24" rims would i be able to use everything of my stock trials. well apart from bars and stem? cheers.

As long as street frame doesnt use a BMX size bottom bracket, and obv got mounts and stuff i dont see why not.

Mind you, it might be a tad light for street?

Normaly best to have a slightly heavy bike for control you know.