Rear Sprocket

Ben H!

hi everyone i know i have posted this before a while ago but my rear sprocket is being stupid i'm currently running 12t on the rear. it feels really really difficult to do back wheeling on which i find is weird because a few months ago i had ago on my mates t-comp and that seemed perfect which is a 12t & my old bike was a 12t and that was fine to cheers

Ben

Edited by Czartrials

hi everyone i know i have posted this before a while ago but my rear sprocket is being stupid i'm currently running 12t on the rear. it feels really really difficult to do back wheeling on which i find is weird because a few months ago i had ago on my mates t-comp and that seemed perfect which is a 12t & my old bike was a 12t and that was fine to cheers

Ben

how many teeth is your freewheel

Diffrent chain tensions?

Maybe yours is tighter then your friends.

I notice it alot when I tighten my chain up.

thanks for replying mate well my chain isn't really tight at all it's not mega slack and it's not mega tight it's just right

if its the Monty TI freewheel there pretty amazing i run one for ages and its still going fine and wit 160mm cranks monty freewheel 12t rear sprocket... it was a great gear ratio

could it be something to do with tyre pressure because when i had a low tyre pressure on my bike it felt hard but when i pumped it up the gearing felt better.

try it and see wat happens

i know what your saying mate. there about medium pressure at the moment i could make them harder but then that would make it to hard. i'm probably going to change the sprocket to a 13t cheers everyone for your help much appreciated

i know what your saying mate. there about medium pressure at the moment i could make them harder but then that would make it to hard. i'm probably going to change the sprocket to a 13t cheers everyone for your help much appreciated

13?? that will make it alot easyer to pedal :P

Just a suggestion, from street mtb.

If your rear freewheels is slightly resisting, when you wheelie it scts slightly like a brake pushing you back down,

if you know how take the freewheels apart and check the ratchet and bearings if these are dry lube them up and you'r problem will be solved.

Probably not the issue but if it is it's quite a quick fix.