Ebay Feedback

monkeyseemonkeydo

Have just been on eBay to leave feedback and they've now stopped sellers leaving neutral or negative feedback for buyers. Now in theory that's kind of good because no one will be scared to leave negative for a seller because of fear of getting the same back in return. However, surely it now means that if someone only ever buys stuff they'll always have 100% positive feedback whether they pay immediately or fail to pay at all.

I'd have thought that a better way of doing it would be to not show the other party the feedback left until both have completed the action, so there's no chance of silly 'tit for tat' rating. Anyway, any thoughts on the subject or is this a crap topic that no one really cares about?

ah i wondered when they were putting this into practise, you can however still rate buyers on a 1-5 star basis.

this is good for me as i literally have 12 negatives to leave, and now wont face any concequences bar a few hate emails hehe

I'd have thought that a better way of doing it would be to not show the other party the feedback left until both have completed the action, so there's no chance of silly 'tit for tat' rating.

I think that's a much better idea.

What they've done is kinda good, but like you said it has it's downsides as well. Nothing more to say really.