Being Ill

nc7r

I'm Ill.

I think I've got a virus. Had a fever for 2 days being really warm but feeling freezing so sweating a lot in bed. I love in Uni halls so looking after myself is a bit shit, meaning because I've felt ill and rubbish I've hardly eaten anything.

I think because of that, I'm feeling sick, whilst having a huge headache. I've got my window open so it's cold, but I don't know what food to eat, apparently milk is bad?

I left work early on Thursday after an hour because I felt shit still, and have called in sick for tomorrow because in this state I've no chance of working.

Should I go to my Uni doctor tomorrow and see what he says? Hopefully they're there, if not it's the drop-in one at the hospital :(

Please help. I feel like I'm gonna die :(

Dairy products help produce mucus duno how its spelt so dairy is bad idea. Supose all you can do is keep yourself cool and hope the fever goes away. But always check your temperature when you shiver as it can be a reaction to a fever. Other than that go docs.

Yeah if your temperature's too high or too low, then surely enzymes stop working because thats the whole reason your bodys kept at 37 °C. So if your feeling sick now, I would hazard a guess to the fever having a knock on effect on the enzymes in your stomach. I'm sure if you just go to the doctors they can put you on antibiotics or whatever it is they do.

Ive got the whole hot/cold thing going on. 1 min i'm shivering the next im sweating my tits off. All started after getting rather sun burnt on Sunday. Sun Stroke perhaps?

I had that in Spain, had a week of doing field work in July out there, got sun stroke style thang and fell asleep in my fleece in my tent in the middle of the day cos I was freezing... Woke up and I was in a nice pool of sweat cos it was like 50 degrees in my tent.

Anyways, I think everyone gets that at some time during their uni career, I've had it a couple of times, its shit :(

I've had some toast and i'm feeling a bit better. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I might be able to make work tomorrow 'cos I feel really bad if I let them down and I've been sick twice before, one cos of flu and the other 'cos of a sprained ankle.

Grrr :(

Ive got the whole hot/cold thing going on. 1 min i'm shivering the next im sweating my tits off. All started after getting rather sun burnt on Sunday. Sun Stroke perhaps?

i've got that at the moment too.

if its just a feeling of temp change and your not actually shivering because your cold then that is typical virus malarky.

i went to see the doc and told him i sweat in my sleep which he was highly concerned about, so i think its quite a serious thing. for me it was just a short phase though