A Smack In The Face

16 years later

When Im riding and someone shouts out why don’t you have a seat I just want to go give them a smack in the face.

Especially one time I was on a high wall and some di*k shouts “oy mate you’ve lost you seat” and I lost concentration and fell of and looked like a twat and they all laugh.

I know we should educate people about trials but it just hacks me off how ignorant people are.

rant over

Bruce

When Im riding and someone shouts out why don’t you have a seat I just want to go give them a smack in the face.

Especially one time I was on a high wall and some di*k shouts “oy mate you’ve lost you seat” and I lost concentration and fell of and looked like a twat and they all laugh.

I know we should educate people about trials but it just hacks me off how ignorant people are.

rant over

Bruce

Just be equally ignorant with these people, ignore them.

rant over

Bruce

If im on a high wall, I dont hear anyone, im concentrating.

If im on a high wall, I dont hear anyone, im concentrating.

That's good and all... but it doesnt help buddy solve his problem. I'd say it's best to just ignore them as they're probably dumb as shit anyways.

Why not just take 2 minutes of your time and explain to them why not and then you'll fill good for:-

1. Teaching them something new
  2. Knowing that they wont shout that sort of stupid question again
  3. Now you can concentrate

If I had just fallen off a wall, I wouldn't get up and start chatting to the guy that made me fall of it. Just forget about it and go try and do what you were trying in the first place(on the wall).

Wow. Rubbish topic I must say.

I have a very short fuse and always end up arguing with people and puting my bike down and geting in there face raley ever results in a fight but i no how much it can pee you off.

give em a good smack.

lol

I have no idea how you manage to get so worked up about somebody telling you you have no seat, and getting 'in their face'? Have you got 'problems'?

Wow. Rubbish topic I must say.

I have no idea how you manage to get so worked up about somebody telling you you have no seat, and getting 'in their face'? Have you got 'problems'?

Not about the seat.. but when they start tell you to get off stuff and geting angery and pushing you of bikes ect... they start acking like its there propaty.... lol

Why not just take 2 minutes of your time and explain to them why not

(Y) All these 'give 'em a smack' or 'just tell 'em to f**k off' responses to people asking daft questions doesn't do yourselves or the sport any good. Obviously sometimes such questions come from arsehole chav's trying to get a rise but half the time it's from just random Joe Public's who simply don't know what they're looking at. In which cases I always try and be polite and helpful and try and educate them a bit as to the way of trials. Just helps to stop people seeing us as mouthy little twats who are commiting a sort of social disorder via vandalism.

The fact that '15 years later' falls off a wall if someone talks to you is something you need to deal with seperately... I often have conversations while doing silly things on my bike, even while 'concentrating' in the middle of a comp section.

Simple soloution, headphones connected to a music device.

Then you won't hear him. :)

As he said just take your ipod with when you when you out, its what i do and you cant even hear the traffic,drunks, etc its great! :-

Wacking someone cos they said "were's ur seat or you've lost it" is just silly. (N) , even if you on wall etc i'd be thinking about what your doing dude than some twat shouting at you dude (Y)

well normally with us, we ignore them then theres always one (bradley) whop shouts something back to a big group and there is only like 4 of us and there normally is like 15 of them! so we run haha, but he normally shoutssomething to start fights e.g. oi you F**k you look like sh*t and wished you was me, so i advise dont do that lol, because really it ruins your trials day at that spot!

well normally with us, we ignore them then theres always one (bradley) whop shouts something back to a big group and there is only like 4 of us and there normally is like 15 of them! so we run haha, but he normally shoutssomething to start fights e.g. oi you F**k you look like sh*t and wished you was me, so i advise dont do that lol, because really it ruins your trials day at that spot!

haha thats funny i live in a small town in n yorkshire and trials biking is quite popular round here because of the tyke trials and shizzle so i only get questioned from the local dog walkers and also get verbal abuse from the grannys when i bash plate a beautiful council wall but its all good in earbyy lol

Nick