Things Gone From Good To Bad?

Synergy

things going the way they used to?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. hhave things changed for the worst?

• tf user : yes
    • tf user : no
    • admin : yes
    • admin : no

It's just a forum, either you come on here and have fun, or do something else if you're pissed off by those who run this place. I also preferred how it was run a year or two ago but maybe too many irresponsible members have joined since and it was necessary to appoint new mods. They might be doing their job but they're also among the most cocky and negative members of this forum. I remember when Tomm was a senior, he was a really helpful and kind guy, now many of his posts I'd class as rude or insulting. Not to mention OBM, he's in a league of his own :P But hey, it's just a forum and if somebody really cares, there's always the ignore button. It's still better than a local forum I use, in which you can get banned for disagreeing with a mod :turned:

I remember when Tomm was a senior, he was a really helpful and kind guy, now many of his posts I'd class as rude or insulting.

I was going to say "deal with it" but then I looked at my posts to see if I could work out what you meant. I honestly don't get it at all, but I can't say it bothers me too greatly. OBM told me I wasn't rude enough the other day, take from that what you will!

I remember when Tomm was a senior, he was a really helpful and kind guy, now many of his posts I'd class as rude or insulting.

I know what you mean. I got a two day ban off him for doing nothing wrong. Minus asking for it. :P

Can't say i've really noticed any change in his posts though.

Also mods have to enforce themselves to act as a deterrent, can't have a mod that just says please don't do it again everytime cause it will keep happening. Perhaps your just picking up on those posts.

Edited by Bob Fossil

This all seems pretty petty to be honest. This forum is run well and the people who do the work behind the scenes actually have a sense of humour, which is a lot better than having it almost autonomous with no sense of personality to the forum. I can never say that a thread name change has made me angry or annoyed, and i can see its been done with the intention of humour... like the current photatowaffley thread or whatever its called.

With this thread and some of the reactions i reckon some of the members are just too uptight, and actually can't broaden the way they look at things. This isn't the first time i've seen a thread like this one, and they always end up being a slagging match against the mods/admin by the people who have such a short sense of reality that they actually get annoyed by simple little things like this.

At the end of the day, like has already been said. The mods are there to assess a situation and deal with it in an appropriate manner. If a threads been created purely for the sake of bitching and moaning, it'd probably be better having it closed as it'll stop people arguing with each other and will help keep this place more like the happy hippy family it should be, with bees butterflies and love. Ours is a competitive sport by nature, but we shouldn't be so competitive on the forum either, we should be able to kick back, relax and have friendly chatter with mates rather than bitch and snipe comments at people as if they are our rivals.

This all seems pretty petty to be honest. This forum is run well and the people who do the work behind the scenes actually have a sense of humour, which is a lot better than having it almost autonomous with no sense of personality to the forum. I can never say that a thread name change has made me angry or annoyed, and i can see its been done with the intention of humour... like the current photatowaffley thread or whatever its called.

With this thread and some of the reactions i reckon some of the members are just too uptight, and actually can't broaden the way they look at things. This isn't the first time i've seen a thread like this one, and they always end up being a slagging match against the mods/admin by the people who have such a short sense of reality that they actually get annoyed by simple little things like this.

At the end of the day, like has already been said. The mods are there to assess a situation and deal with it in an appropriate manner. If a threads been created purely for the sake of bitching and moaning, it'd probably be better having it closed as it'll stop people arguing with each other and will help keep this place more like the happy hippy family it should be, with bees butterflies and love. Ours is a competitive sport by nature, but we shouldn't be so competitive on the forum either, we should be able to kick back, relax and have friendly chatter with mates rather than bitch and snipe comments at people as if they are our rivals.

I very much doubt that your comment re: re-naming threads was directed at me, but i'll say this again, (maybe a bit clearer than I have allready) It only 'annoys' me that topic titles are changed because it slows down my browsing of those threads that have been re-named, like I said before, i'm all for it if it means the topic title is more descriptive, which was IMO the case with the tuckage thread.

anyway, it's saturday night, i've only come down to get another strongbow before going out, so for now at least, I havn't anything more to say.

Go grab a drink lads and forget about it!

I was going to say "deal with it" but then I looked at my posts to see if I could work out what you meant. I honestly don't get it at all, but I can't say it bothers me too greatly. OBM told me I wasn't rude enough the other day, take from that what you will!

That's just the overall impression I get from reading your posts. Indeed none of the ones in that link are rude or insulting but I really couldn't be bothered to read through xx pages to find some that prove my point. And even then, what is rude to me might not be rude to someone else. It's just my opinion and I doubt anybody cares really.

Haha, I didn't say you weren't rude enough, I just said you needed to be "Completely out of hand Tomm" more often 'cos it was f**king comedy :lol:

Well at least i'm not on my own. Althought it's a tiny % of people who have somewhat agreed with the topic starter, it's enough to hopefully effect what's going on.

Hope triumphing over experience? ;)

EDIT: Bearing in mind that it's just talking about the forum in general getting worse. Even I voted that it was.

I think, anyway, can't really remember...

Well all i know is i've been out all night testing wether bulmers tastes different to magernes. It does. But i should be allowed to say that it doesn't taste different if i wanted too. But in this public forum i can't, and get insulted becuase i have i may or may not have a different opinion.

This forum is big now. Big enough to make things like this matter.

You contradicted yourself so much in that post it's kinda difficult for me to work out how to begin replying to you...

I'll start with - But you weren't denied the opportunity to express your opinion, at all. You asked a question. It got answered, repeatedly, with plenty of backing. You refused to believe it. That's different to stating an opinion? The way you did it was also not you stating an opinion, it came across as you being deliberately provocative (In a strictly non sexual way :P).

And again, see earlier about 'freedom of speech' and all that stuff. Bearing in mind that your topic in which you apparently were denied your ability to express your opinion was one of about 3 topics I've seen locked in the past few days, and that I personally - and I doubt any of the other mod/admin - haven't ever edited someone's post because their opinion differed to my own.

Well all i know is i've been out all night testing wether bulmers tastes different to magernes. It does. But i should be allowed to say that it doesn't taste different if i wanted too. But in this public forum i can't, and get insulted becuase i have i may or may not have a different opinion.

EDIT: Too slow

There's two things wrong with that:

1) You didn't say they don't taste different to you. You said that one was a rebadged version of the other.

2) Just because (yesterday you said) you can't taste a difference, doesn't mean there isn't one. See 'I can't believe it's not butter'.

Of course you're allowed an opinion :S If you'd just said 'I can't taste the difference between Magners and Bulmers, even though they come from different companies and are obviously different' we wouldn't be in this pickle.

You contradicted yourself so much in that post it's kinda difficult for me to work out how to begin replying to you...

I contradicted myself yes. But we all know the earth isn't flat but there's a whole website dedictaed to it being flat. If i posted up a topic saying "The earth is flat" it would probably get closed, even though it shouldn't becuase it would be an interesting topic with inteligent posts to wether it was flat or not.

If it got out of hand with posts like "The earth isn't falt, i hope your get raped by serveral men" then that's good enough reason for it to be closed.

Of course you're allowed an opinion :S If you'd just said 'I can't taste the difference between Magners and Bulmers, even though they come from different companies and are obviously different' we wouldn't be in this pickle.

I didn't get chance to, the topic was closed befor i could make that statement.

I contradicted myself yes. But we all know the earth isn't flat but there's a whole website dedictaed to it being flat. If i posted up a topic saying "The earth is flat" it would probably get closed, even though it shouldn't becuase it would be an interesting topic with inteligent posts to wether it was flat or not.

Key words. "Intelligent." "Interesting". Two things that, as a result of the way you repeatedly posted in your topic, it wasn't.

EDIT: Just saw Tomm's post. I lol'd.

EDIT #2: If someone was able to post to a 3rd party website that said "The Earth is round. Check out these totally conclusive, not at all debatable facts", and then the Flat-Earth-Society kept on going on about "Are you sure it's round?" and "But are you really sure it's round?" then it'd get closed, if we're going to take your hypothetical situation to the next level.

That website is run by morons though? Are you comparing your thread to that?

Actually that website is run by people who belive that the earth is not flat. However they host a website to the idea that it is not flat out of interest, it's an interesting site that host content about how it could be possible. People discuss their ideas openly, it's more of a physics thing than somthing to be taken literally.

I didn't get chance to, the topic was closed befor i could make that statement.

Really? Like you said in the thread yesterday, you were just being stubborn and refusing to admit you were wrong. Like I said in the other thread - you were the one out of line, not Mark.

Really? Like you said in the thread yesterday, you were just being stubborn and refusing to admit you were wrong. Like I said in the other thread - you were the one out of line, not Mark.

Yes, i know! But what i'm getting at is i should have the right to say whatever i want in a public forum providing that it doesn't break the rules.

Are you saying Mark wasn't out of line for the whole gay rape thing? Would you have done that knowing there's 12 year olds who use this forum?