Newbie Needs Some Advice :)

ok this is the situation... i've been looking for a decent trials bike for ages now, i don't much about trials bikes really, but i've got total respect

for you guys... what you do is fkn awesome and i wanna try for myself :)

a friend of mine has just got his hands on a Diamondback T2 mod, halo rims, magura's, onza forks, truvativ hussfelt crank, oddesy pedals...

and he HATES it... i had a little go and fell in love with it:) so he asked me if i want to swap my bike for his bike...

this is my problem... i don't know what the Diamondback is worth or how old it is or even if its a pile of crap???

i currently ride a heavily modified GT Chucker

05012005377.jpg

its got hope C2 brakes and new grips added since the photo too:)

all i need to know is... is the Diamondback T2 any good??? should i go for it?

any advice greatly appreciated :)

D...

That chucker isn't very modified, but it still looks nice, i also own a jump bike.

A specialized P1 with marzochi DJ3's, avid juicy 3 rear, dmr v8 pedals and crmo wing bars, truvativ crank.

From what the diamondback sounds like i think it might be a good swap, if you could get a full spec that might help a bit more :).

the magurs brakes will work well, but if it has halo rims they may be a bit heavy as they are Dirt jumping wheels usually also the crank is the same as my Specialized's its very strong but it doesnt have the front free wheel which helps alot in trials and it is also a bit heavy.

All in all it is a better bike that your chucker but it will take some getting used to probably, big wheel size drop. I'm getting same problems with my T-pro, the size change is very noticiable.

Hope i helped.

yeah thanx matey :) i been thinking about waiting and getting a stock to save the feeling of riding something totally alien to me u'know?

and the only thing standard on my chucker is the frame and forks lol everything is an upgrade :)

thanx for your help mate ;)

D...

i wouldn't do it mate.

keep the chucker you will regret swapping it for a diamond back.

i would recomend riding a few more peopls bikes and then have a look around the classifieds sections on here and email any one who is looking to swap a bike.

you don't want to rush and swap it for the first bike that comes along because you could probably get a better deal mate.

or see if your mate would be willing to sell it, that way if you decide you dont like it as much as you first thought you still have you chucker there.

i wouldn't do it mate.

keep the chucker you will regret swapping it for a diamond back.

i would recomend riding a few more peopls bikes and then have a look around the classifieds sections on here and email any one who is looking to swap a bike.

you don't want to rush and swap it for the first bike that comes along because you could probably get a better deal mate.

or see if your mate would be willing to sell it, that way if you decide you dont like it as much as you first thought you still have you chucker there.

well to be honest 'mr malcom' i'm a sucker for a good piece of advice, and that sounds like a good piece of advice to me ;)

i had another ride on it today and to be honest its not that light, the brakes need attention and it is really scruffy u'know?

looks like its been the first trials bike for like 20 different people lol...

i don't think the chucker will be going anywhere just yet :) but i soooo need a trials bike :)

i spend my days trawling through web pages looking for videos of different tricks :)

if anyone got a link or 2 for some cool vids please feel free to reply or pm me ok? ;)

D...

and ur right NicP the wheel are meant for a dirtbike or flatland bmx maybe???

but yes MUCHO heavy ;)

D...

Edited by tarmacterrorist

well to be honest 'mr malcom' i'm a sucker for a good piece of advice, and that sounds like a good piece of advice to me ;)

i had another ride on it today and to be honest its not that light, the brakes need attention and it is really scruffy u'know?

looks like its been the first trials bike for like 20 different people lol...

i don't think the chucker will be going anywhere just yet :) but i soooo need a trials bike :)

i spend my days trawling through web pages looking for videos of different tricks :)

if anyone got a link or 2 for some cool vids please feel free to reply or pm me ok? ;)

D...

and ur right NicP the wheel are meant for a dirtbike or flatland bmx maybe???

but yes MUCHO heavy ;)

D...

im speaking from my own experiances there. when i got back into bmx i didnt really look around that much or try many bike just went out and bought a fairly decent one to find the geo isnt really to my liking and is very short.

so yeah just look around you can get a decent bike second hand from here or ebay