Noise

Cookyboy

Hi guys,

I'm not a pro like most of you guys, but i appear to be having some serious issues. It has been a long while since i graced the realm of martin ashton and martyn hawyes but i had hoped technology had moved on...

there appears to be some sort of noise coming from my chainstay/rear triangle area and i can't quite work out what it is. Is there an armadildo type device in production for this issue.

There was no real problem in the winter,

I assume it is purely a summer related problem, possibly due to the increased temperatures or humidity etc.

Perhaps it is due to the fact steel expands under increased temperatures, causing slack to be generated in the drive system?

I have tried everything, from refrigerating my chain before rides, to 2-ply A4 protection on my chainstay which I have heard is the best.

These summer months are a serious drain on all components and i know i am going to have to replace most of my gear before the winter... particularly the rear derailleur hanger and my front three sprocket shifter. i've got to keep it vaselined...

I hope you experts can give me a hand...

Cheers guys, Bye now!

XXX

Edited by Cookyboy

Hi guys,

I'm not a pro like most of you guys, but i appear to be having some serious issues. It has been a long while since i graced the realm of martin ashton and martyn hawyes but i had hoped technology had moved on...

there appears to be some sort of noise coming from my chainstay/rear triangle area and i can't quite work out what it is. Is there an armadildo type device in production for this issue.

There was no real problem in the winter,

I assume it is purely a summer related problem, possibly due to the increased temperatures or humidity etc.

Perhaps it is due to the fact steel expands under increased temperatures, causing slack to be generated in the drive system?

I have tried everything, from refrigerating my chain before rides, to 2-ply A4 protection on my chainstay which I have heard is the best.

These summer months are a serious drain on all components and i know i am going to have to replace most of my gear before the winter... particularly the rear derailleur hanger and my front three sprocket shifter. i've got to keep it vaselined...

I hope you experts can give me a hand...

Cjeers guys, Bye now!

XXX

tried tightening your bottom bracket?

where in your post does it say anything about chain tension ?

I wasn't quite sure that chain tension was the problem but i had a strange feeling... more like a hunch than anything else. As i am currently running rear derailleur with 25 +/- 2 gears depending on chain alignment/ temperature/atmospheric pressure, I was concerned that there was some sort of issue related to the observation of conditions in accordance with the Schroedinger equation. Is it possible that spectators are influencing the state of my rig?

It is a tough life and not all of us are particularly confident that conditions favour half-naked gential rubbing. I would hope that some people appreciate this practice and would like me to post some pictures?

xxx