Hello

JulianC

So I got interested in riding some trials since I attended DJ's memorial ride this year with a friend, it was a great day and has pretty much inspired me to pick up a bike. I have almost no knowledge of trials bikes and bikes in general so my friend suggested joining up here for solid information and advice.

So yeah. Hi :)

So I got interested in riding some trials since I attended DJ's memorial ride this year with a friend, it was a great day and has pretty much inspired me to pick up a bike. I have almost no knowledge of trials bikes and bikes in general so my friend suggested joining up here for solid information and advice.

So yeah. Hi :)

Hi

Welcome to trials-forum, I'm new as well. Used to ride trials couple of years ago, but sold my cheap bike for a bmx. Wish i hadn't.

I guess you've already read the forum guidelines to get to members, takes a while though.

And you're right ask any questions and you'll almost instantly get a post back giving you information or what not :)

I think the best way to get even more into trials is watching videos of other people, that aren't perfect at trials, and seeing how they have improved. Makes you want to do it even more.

Cant wait to get payed next month, then i should be riding trials again :D

Good luck

Josh

Edited by JoshW

Hiya.

I've sold my most of bike last month thinking that I wouldn't trials ride until after my exams this month and next. I was in town last weekend and saw some local lads trials riding and it made me realise how much I miss trials. Yesterday was a turn around point and bought my new onza frame. I will be certainly riding after my exams now and I'm going to be making a video with a friend in Nottingham. I'll add some pictures of my cheap budget onza once it is built.

Good luck. Stuart

And you're right ask any questions and you'll almost instantly get a post back giving you information or what not :)

I think the best way to get even more into trials is watching videos of other people, that aren't perfect at trials, and seeing how they have improved. Makes you want to do it even more.

Yeah I have been spending a while on YouTube checking videos out, at the moment I'm trying to decide what kind of trials riding it is I want to do, but with the help of a friend we've figured it out and at least now I know what size/type of bike I need to go for.

I'll add some pictures of my cheap budget onza once it is built.

How much is it costing you to put a budget bike together? I understand it varies from type of bike etc. I'd just like to know what I can expect to pay from a self built bike, probably with second hand parts.

Edited by JulianC

My budget of my Onza is around £150. I can get most parts second hand or even third hand for very little cost. The most expensive parts are the wheels and brakes, everything is cheap. Just ask around on trials forum for parts you need. A lot of people have helped me out on trials forum like Stunt man t, nile brown, quackers, joe aston, bt rider, disaster boy, oli smith and a few others. Thanks lads for the help.

Ayup mate, best bet would be to have a look on eBay (Y)

You can get high spec bikes very cheaply! For example, you could get a fairly new zoo pythin, echo team etc.. for £3/400.

The next thing that you'll have to consider is wheel size! What riding background do you have?

Most of the higher spec bikes you will see have all been built up over time by the rider, and it's fair to say that most people know what they're up to! So, don't be afraid to go buying something someone has built, or upgrading your own.

Matt

My budget of my Onza is around £150. I can get most parts second hand or even third hand for very little cost. The most expensive parts are the wheels and brakes, everything is cheap. Just ask around on trials forum for parts you need. A lot of people have helped me out on trials forum like Stunt man t, nile brown, quackers, joe aston, bt rider, disaster boy, oli smith and a few others. Thanks lads for the help.

Thanks, thats good to know, unfortunately I understand only full members can take part in any buying/selling/trading on the forums?

Ayup mate, best bet would be to have a look on eBay (Y)

You can get high spec bikes very cheaply! For example, you could get a fairly new zoo pythin, echo team etc.. for £3/400.

The next thing that you'll have to consider is wheel size! What riding background do you have?

I have no riding background per se, just mountain bikes to get around on and more recently a little BMX as a run around. Me and my friend discussed the kind of riding I want to do and he decided a 26" wheeled trials bike is going to be my best bet.

I have no riding background per se, just mountain bikes to get around on and more recently a little BMX as a run around. Me and my friend discussed the kind of riding I want to do and he decided a 26" wheeled trials bike is going to be my best bet.

Ah that's good, some people havn't a clue :P

You'll be able to post in full members very soon, as your posts are very good!

Until then, if you spot something that takes your fancy, find out their e-mail and go from there (Y)

Ah that's good, some people havn't a clue :P

Wouldn't of said I have a clue! I can ride a bike, thats literally it! :P

You'll be able to post in full members very soon, as your posts are very good!

Until then, if you spot something that takes your fancy, find out their e-mail and go from there (Y)

Ah thanks, didn't even think of that, I'll have a little rummage over the next few weeks :)

Edited by JulianC

add me on msn for tips onzatpro@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks mate, will do. I'm currently in the kitchen in my university halls and MSN never works for me on the wireless network for some mind numbingly annoying reason, but once I'm back in my room I'll add you up.

Wouldn't of said I have a clue! I can ride a bike, thats literally it! :P

Oh sorry, i didn't mean it like that :P

Some people don't know what size bike to start on, at least you know what to look for, and what you want (Y)

Matt

Hey man, what kinda bike you gonna go for and how much you looking to pay? It's worth scoping out the classifieds for something, I picked up a top spec mod for £600 about 18 months ago with my student loan ;), I know not very long ago there was a shit hot mod going for £350ish, and a sweet 24" for £350 too, there are always stocks for about £400 too. Generally that's how much you're looking to pay for a decent second hand bike, but if you build up something over a month or so you should be able to get something a lot better for about £200 or so.

Hey man, what kinda bike you gonna go for and how much you looking to pay? It's worth scoping out the classifieds for something, I picked up a top spec mod for £600 about 18 months ago with my student loan ;), I know not very long ago there was a shit hot mod going for £350ish, and a sweet 24" for £350 too, there are always stocks for about £400 too. Generally that's how much you're looking to pay for a decent second hand bike, but if you build up something over a month or so you should be able to get something a lot better for about £200 or so.

Hi Jon

I'm looking to be spending anything up to £350, obviously it won't be my money, but the money I am borrowing for educational purposes haha. Unfortunately I won't be getting any more student loans through until October, so it's going to be a bit of a wait unless I get very lucky for my birthday in a months time.

I think I'm going for a 26" stock, you'll have to excuse my ignorance but I really don't know anymore than that! Thanks for the info!