Dual Disc 05 Pitbull

Skoze

Looks nice, and I can imagine what it rides like :)

Question is - how easy is it to get the back wheel in/out. Has the wheel moved around at all, or has everything held in place?

So far so good!

To get the wheel in and out, all i need to do it unbolt it at the 4bolt, undo the hub bolts as normal and it comes out as per usual :)

I've got part of the adapter around the hub axle, with a nylon washer inside the whole, so it stay in exactly the right place, and the wheel hasn't moved unlike some that have the adaptor simply wedged between the frame and hub axle.

Matt

thats looks pimp, cheers for getting the close up pics of it, was really interested on how it was all put together. looks like you've really thought it all out carefully and it looks brilliantly made (Y) i'd get it anodized black just to show it off, it deserves it!

good job (Y)

thats looks pimp, cheers for getting the close up pics of it, was really interested on how it was all put together. looks like you've really thought it all out carefully and it looks brilliantly made (Y) i'd get it anodized black just to show it off, it deserves it!

good job (Y)

That's fine dude, was only a quick trip out to the garage :P

As for the anodising, it'll be done black after the dj ride ;)

Cheers for comments!

Matt

Edit: Inur, yeah it is a wee bit heavy :P bout 250-300g ish. It's all ogre's fault, he said it would get raped, so kinda went nuts on the strength, just to prove him wrong ;)

Edited by Skoze

tis w ee bit hefty, i mean my dh bike only weighs 6lbs more and theres bit more too it.....

where does all the extra weight come from?

It's not what you'd call a light build :P Bit under 13kg's if i remember correctly.

All the parts i've put on it are heavy, but they'll last me a while!

It's not what you'd call a light build :P Bit under 13kg's if i remember correctly.

All the parts i've put on it are heavy, but they'll last me a while!

my bikes lighter and got heavyer parts :S.

must be that massive disk thingy.

Matx

bars look ace, how did u extend them???? :)

bikes gorjus!

Bought them from Matthew62, and as far as i can tell, they're done using off-cuts of another set of bars, with a smaller diameter tube fitted pretty snugly inside, jammed in there :P

Glad your enjoying the bars, they suit the bike nicely and look huge in that photo, i never remember them looking so wide.

hehe, they do look huge! Rides so nicely, manuals pretty damn well now too, which is a bonus :)

Matt

You're right that is pretty much how they're extended.

Off cuts of other trials handlebars: same external and internal diameter. Then some strong steel tubing of the inside of the diamater of the bars placed through enough to support both sections....the good thing about this is that if the internal tubing ever did fail (massively unlikely due to its length) it would bend rather than snap so you'd be nice and safe....they'll hold up a trat, it'd be the bars that went before the extenders.

Enjoy man - looks good.