I'm Torn, Is It All Over?

Phil H

For the last few weeks I've been riding alone as the last person in the area recently gave up trials. Scene has gone from 6 people to just me in the last year which really isn't ideal.

On top of that killed my hub tonight, before I splash out on a proII I need to have a think about where this is going.

You guys been in this situation?

Did you battle through it riding alone and hitting group rides when possible or did you give it in?

Cheers

Phil

there's loads of people in the hampshire area, if you cant drive, get yourself on the train and go ride with the pompey or soton lot, theyre always out. when youve got a decent ride to look forward to once every week or so riding on your own now and again isnt so bad at all.

You guys all from down south then?

I could catch a train down to portsmouth, would only take an hour or so and will be driving by start of summer.

Hmm maybe there is hope. Still feel preety shit about the whole thing.

Phil

There is probably 20+ that ride in pompey whe arranged properly and that is nearly every week. i am pretty certain in saying that it is the only area that has constant ride weekly :)

That is an awesome number! Yeah cheers for that, changes things a bit. Will ahve to think some more.

You from down there?

Phil

Yer come down pompy or soton. They are good ride's plus its nice 2 have lots of people out on ride's

Yeah definetly something to consider

Phil

For the last few weeks I've been riding alone as the last person in the area recently gave up trials. Scene has gone from 6 people to just me in the last year which really isn't ideal.

On top of that killed my hub tonight, before I splash out on a proII I need to have a think about where this is going.

You guys been in this situation?

Did you battle through it riding alone and hitting group rides when possible or did you give it in?

Cheers

Phil

Ive been pretty much riding on my own over the last 12 years. You get used to it.

Comps are a good way of meeting people to ride with, and ride new places

I just realised, even if I do want to give up when I sell my bike it needs to be a full build so it probably makes sense to buy the proII wheel (getting a good price) anyway and then if I go on some group rides and like it I can carry on. Hmm...

We are only down the road, welcome to come and ride with us. We have over 10 riders in Poole. Add me to msn dizymazen@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers mate have added you.

Phil

Ive been pretty much riding on my own over the last 12 years. You get used to it.

Comps are a good way of meeting people to ride with, and ride new places

Yeah I guess, dont think I could deal with it though. Trials is a social thing./ Have been to a couple of comps though and they did have an awesome atmosphere.

Phil

I rode for a year on my own,

Before i knew of any other riders in Birmingham.

Riding on your own can be very befeficial at times,

But can get boring.

Keep riding,

Even organise rides yourself in the Rides/Locations thread,

People will always be willing to ride with you.

Keep at it man and you'll never regret it!

:)

I rode for a year on my own,

Before i knew of any other riders in Birmingham.

Riding on your own can be very befeficial at times,

But can get boring.

Keep riding,

Even organise rides yourself in the Rides/Locations thread,

People will always be willing to ride with you.

Keep at it man and you'll never regret it!

:)

Hmm yeah, if I had awesome stuff to ride around here might be bearable but I havent got any natural for miles and miles and the street is very lame. Last few weeks I've been riding pallets every day as I cant be bothered to go into town on my own as it's seriously lame on my lonesome.

Ha cheers mate, I just really dont know, I love trials but not the ideal situation.

Phil

travelling really isnt an excuse. unless i want to ride by myself ive got to travel half an hour to taunton or an hour to bristol or where ever.... just get on the train and go, once you're driving you'll be fine, plus the pompey/soton lot are 1. pretty damn good so you'll progress quickly 2. a very sound, sociable bunch of lads; i miss not living and riding there anymore, but its always worth the journey when i go back.

When i first started Bike-Trials in my area, there was 30 people easy, that was when i first started, 2 years down the line, the numbers dropped MASSIVELY, , which resulted in me riding on my own (real bummer when you've been riding with the best part of 30 people for your whole riding career). But, i stuct at it because i really wanted to do well in trials, started going on trains to group rides and stuff, it wasn't the same, but still a great amount of fun.

Now 1 and a half years down the line, 4 of the old riders have got back into it with new bikes. This is what i've been waiting for for ages and it's finally happend and i couldn't be happier...Bitch of it all, day they started again, i put my ankle out....Bummer :(

Stick at it dude. Something will come up.

When i first started Bike-Trials in my area, there was 30 people easy, that was when i first started, 2 years down the line, the numbers dropped MASSIVELY, , which resulted in me riding on my own (real bummer when you've been riding with the best part of 30 people for your whole riding career). But, i stuct at it because i really wanted to do well in trials, started going on trains to group rides and stuff, it wasn't the same, but still a great amount of fun.

Now 1 and a half years down the line, 4 of the old riders have got back into it with new bikes. This is what i've been waiting for for ages and it's finally happend and i couldn't be happier...Bitch of it all, day they started again, i put my ankle out....Bummer :(

Stick at it dude. Something will come up.

Yeah your right things do change over time, but cant imagine any of the ex-riders around here getting back into it anytime soon (N)

I agee mate, will stick with it and see what happens, cheers for the advice.

Phil

Yeah your right things do change over time, but cant imagine any of the ex-riders around here getting back into it anytime soon (N)

I agee mate, will stick with it and see what happens, cheers for the advice.

Phil

I said the exact same thing, well put it this way, they all went into drugs and getting pissed all the time...It may of took them 1 and a half years, but they;ve realised what they enjoyed more. Trust dude, they will start again :)

It really was just drugs and booze that took everyone round here which was quite depressing. I bosted my ankle in 06 as well which put me out of action for a bit over a year, and really being f**ked over at college this year meant that I couldn't ride half as much as I wanted too let alone travel anywhere which was shite, i've got a good job so i've actually had money to travel then ended up having to buy loads of college crap :(

Broke up from college on friday so i've got plenty of time to ride now :D bought some new cranks last week and ordering some more stuff when I get paid hopefully :D it's all goooood!

Really isn't the same though now theres only 5 of us (well, 4 minus Dan the cripple :P) it used to be like a massive group ride, everyone out 10 in the morning and not going home till 10/11 at night, now its either a more serious filming ride or a quick hour round the local spots.