Should I Be Worried?

MadManMike

I had a heart problem for about 2-3 years before I bothered to mention it to my parents who proptly booked me in to see the GP. Turns out I got SVT.

Symptoms were pain in the chest, light headedness, raging pulse (could see my heartbeat through my top/hoodie) which could last anywhere between a few mins to an hour. Usually triggered by a scare (near faceplant, chain skip etc). Could sometimes stop it with a deep sharp intake of breath but I usually had to just laydown til it finished doing its thing.

Told its fairly common and that I'm unlikely to die from it :blink:lol.

They said if it happens again try and get in ASAP so they can get me on a heart monitor so they can record it. Its happened a handful of times since then and I've not bothered.

Not really related but thought it was worth a mention.

Andy P

I had a heart problem for about 2-3 years before I bothered to mention it to my parents who proptly booked me in to see the GP. Turns out I got SVT.

Symptoms were pain in the chest, light headedness, raging pulse (could see my heartbeat through my top/hoodie) which could last anywhere between a few mins to an hour. Usually triggered by a scare (near faceplant, chain skip etc). Could sometimes stop it with a deep sharp intake of breath but I usually had to just laydown til it finished doing its thing.

Told its fairly common and that I'm unlikely to die from it :blink:lol.

They said if it happens again try and get in ASAP so they can get me on a heart monitor so they can record it. Its happened a handful of times since then and I've not bothered.

Not really related but thought it was worth a mention.

Andy P

I get that, may just go to the doctors about it in the near future! Just in case..

Just get kinda light headed/ can't see for a few seconds when i get up every now and again, sometimes when i breathe, i can't breathe in fully as it hurts like a bitch, so have to breathe in gently and slowly for one breath, sorts that out, and my heartbeat is quite often seen through my shirt :P not fast or owt, just can see it :P

Cheers for that,

Matt

Just get kinda light headed/ can't see for a few seconds when i get up every now and again

I'm pretty sure everyone gets that - I know I do. Also if you're skinny it's not uncommon to be able to see your heartbeat. The breathing pain thing I don't know about.

I'm pretty sure everyone gets that - I know I do. Also if you're skinny it's not uncommon to be able to see your heartbeat. The breathing pain thing I don't know about.

The wisdoms of Tomm never cease :P

Next time i've got summat else wrong with me i'll remember to talk to mr doctor about it.

Matt