24" Bikes

anzo

Morning all,

I'm currently bikeless at the moment as I sold off the Koxx; thought I'd be giving up with it but now I fancy a new bike. I've ridden stocks and don't like the feel of any of them, and I'm bored of Mods so I thought I'd go for a 24" to meet it half way.

I've looked around for frames and the only ones I can seem to find (that are nice) are the 24UK frames and the inspired ones. I don't mind either to be honest; but whats the general rating of them, and what else is on the market that I should be looking at?

Hey man,

Theres a few more that available you may not have seen... theres one from leeson which is a custom build steel joby www.leesonbikes.co.uk my mate rode one hard for about 2 years until it died, comes with some pretty neat unique to leeson features on it, check it out on the website. I think theres a bit of a wait on frames though but i think he's still making them?

The other option is another handmade steel frame from curtis which are more expensive but your getting a shit hot frame. my other mates still got his after 3ish years i think? check them out too www.curtisbikes.co.uk

Hope thats helps.

mat

Nah, sorry mate. I'll be building from brand new from scratch. I really like the look of the Inspired frames; which I will probably go for.

What sort of set up would you recommend for it, regarding rear hub and brakes? I was used to the 07 hopes I had...are they any good for 24"?

go for a pro 2 on the rear and u cant use a disk without making an adaptor .

if ur aiming for street 24" then get a short stem with 2-3 inch risers , middleburn cranks or similar a dmr tyre up front and swamp thing on the rear and your sorted .

new inspired seats are shaping up to look good so keep an eye out .

I think I'm more 'comfortable' on my Inspired than any other trials bike I've ever had. For whatever reason, it just allows me to do everything I want, from 45+" pop manuals, 50" odd backwheels and straight up to fronts, 45+" sidehops etc as well as wallrides, spins and anything else you care to throw at it. Plus it's one sexy mofo of a frame! Set up wise, it's up to you really, I'm running an ENO FFW setup (controversial!) singlespeed with a shortish stem and hi rise bars, Echo Control forks etc and find it perfect for me. Other more fashion victim types (:P) will try and avoid deng like the plague and stick to conventional Profile/Hope hub setups with middleburns and the like. Do what you want and enjoy it, because believe me, you will!!

Get a Zoot frame :- and re build everything it will feel soooooo good to ride, light, small, and can flick around it well smooth, sidehops great and can tap aloads higher, gap better than most 26inch riders i know anywayz :-,

I run a single speed set up with a Echo high rise stem and some 28 PZ carbon bars, Chris king headset, EchoControl forks, with Hope min try-all disc on front. Rear i runing a Chris King BMX hub on a Viz rim which seems to quite strong :blink: , with snowes on maggies's at the mo too. Swapthing tyers.

Edited by thewoomaster

Get a Zoot frame :- and re build everything it will feel soooooo good to ride, light, small, and can flick around it well smooth, sidehops great and can tap aloads higher, gap better than most 26inch riders i know anywayz :-,

I run a single speed set up with a Echo high rise stem and some 28 PZ carbon bars, Chris king headset, EchoControl forks, with Hope min try-all disc on front. Rear i runing a Chris King BMX hub on a Viz rim which seems to quite strong :blink: , with snowes on maggies's at the mo too. Swapthing tyers.

Truth! Zoots are the way forward (until i get my inspired :P ) my zoot is starting to feel really nice now to be honest! Very underrated by most riders. I think its the same people who think everything with the word onza on it is sh*t, but they are wrong! Ahh i do sound gay dont i :giggle:

Owen

Yeah, I ride a Zoot and it's great. You can't exactly complain about the frame - it's just a Pitbull/Coust/whatever but with street geometry. I think the look puts people off. The Inspired has pretty similar geometry anyway.

Besides, Zoots can look good, Dave Marshall's looked nice, and I quite like mine (Shameless pimpin').

Would I have an Inspired over a Zoot, money no object? Probably - they look nicer. But they're quite a lot more expensive and the Zoot is a nice frame :)