Bikes In Uni Halls....?

JonCongreve

I'd have been lost in Bristol without my bike if I didn't have it with me when I started! For the first month I only knew my way around if I went via a sequence of riding spots (a specific sequence at that; Castle Park, Centre, Lloyds and reverse to get home)

I see that hasn't changed then. :P

There's a few people i know at mine that keep bikes in their rooms, some in the kitchen. Don't think they mind too much. Perhaps just put something beneath it so you don't stain the carpet.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information and advice, 'tis good to know what it will be like :)

We didn't get any room inspections, only the living room and kitchen area got inspected and that was no more that twice the whole time i lived there. I imagine Bramall court to be pretty similar, you really shouldn't have any problems keeping your bike in your room.

Sorry but i only ride bmx now, but your welcome to come riding with me. What course you going to be doing btw?

Good to hear from someone about what it's like at Sheffield. Are there many riders round the city? I have been getting back into bmx again recently, but only really the little bit of dirt jumping.

I'm going to be doing Architectural Technology, what are you doing?

Voices was one of the best BMX videos ever made, and it's purely about the Sheffield scene. Joe Cox (Who made Voices) also just released Tomorrow We Work, again, one of the best videos ever made, largely about the Sheffield scene. Dev Green skatepark's a pretty awesome place to meet other riders...

Thanks for the information and advice, 'tis good to know what it will be like :)

Good to hear from someone about what it's like at Sheffield. Are there many riders round the city? I have been getting back into bmx again recently, but only really the little bit of dirt jumping.

I'm going to be doing Architectural Technology, what are you doing?

You'll have to ride bmx if your coming to Sheffield, it's got a really good bmx scene and im sure you'll enjoy it if you like riding bikes.

Architerctural technology sounds cool, im doing sport and exercise science and will be in my third year in October. Give me a bell if you have any questions about uni

im at hallam next year but i will have a house, last year i stayed in the marples and my room was plenty big enough for my biike, the elite group accomodation (leadmill point, exchange works ect) does not offer such big rooms but your bike will fit just with a squeeze, stay in touch as i intend to ride sheff more often than i did last year.

Edited by jacecottrials