Songs With Sentimental Meaning...

Danny Kearns

jimmy eat world-hear you me

my friend died of a brain tumor and i think of him when i hear it, awesome guy

blink 182-dammit

reminds me of year 9, when i thought everything was getting shit...but it all worked out and turned out to be one of my best ever school years :)

and finally, sigur ros-hoppipola

it became mine and my now ex girlfriends song, i sent it to her way before we started going out and its kinda stuck with us

and finally, sigur ros-hoppipola

it became mine and my now ex girlfriends song, i sent it to her way before we started going out and its kinda stuck with us

same here, I played for her today, and she was in tears!!! Now all I want to do is go back in time and sit with her and listen to it with her.

Somewhere over the rainbow

It was played at my grandads funeral a few weeks back. I've heard it plenty of times before that but now it has a special meaning for me.

Breathe - Pink Floyd

I think that and "Time" by pink floyd have had the biggest impact on my outlook on life more than anything else really. Made me sit and think 'wow, i really should start living rather than waiting for things to happen', it was quite a startling feeling wen it hit me.

Smile by Nat King Cole, was played at my nans funeral and even though I was obviously really upset had to smile because thats the song she chose and its what she wanted me to do, be happy and remember the good times.. "Smile, whats the use in crying?"

Probably more an album than a song, but the whole album of Within Temptation - The heart of everything

Each time i play it in my car, i think of how amazing it was to travel with a good friend to quebec just to go and meet new people and to ride with them, we kept listening to this album during the whole 3hours it took us to get there !, did the same on our way back ! just awesome :)

I havn't even done my own :P haha

"KillSwitch Engage - The end of heart ache" and "Limp Bizkit - Boiler" - Both songs were used in Craigleescotts Zoo Video 23, Which was released around the time i started riding and when everyone in my area started riding, them two songs just bring back far to much, struggle to even watch Zoo Video 23 nowa' days.

"Happy Hardcore - Can't Stop Raving" - Yes the title may sound chavy and it is a hardcore song, but the words in it are amazing, has a really emotional feel to it. Reason for this song, when i first met my first proper girlfriend, i had this song on my headphones about 5 minutes before we started seeing each other and every time i here it, it hurts alot. Was amazing when we were together, but what she did, hurt to much.

"Rihanna - Umberella" - Well, this one's the ultimate killer, when we first started dating, we were sat on a park, listening to a playlist on my phone, then it started pissing down, she put her umberella over us, then this song come on, ever since then that was are song. It continued to be are song, then at our School leavers prom, she promised me she would dance with me when this song come on at our prom, she pushed me off, and went and danced with one of my best mates and went with him right in front of me whilst this song was on. Instantly i began to cry, punched every wall i could see. Ever since then, i cant listen to it.

"Sigur Ros - Hoppipola" - This song hasn;t any personal meaning. It's just everytime i hear it, everything just starts racing through my head, good memories, bad memories. Very thoughtful song.

Christ im an emotional fellow.

I havn't even done my own :P haha

"KillSwitch Engage - The end of heart ache" and "Limp Bizkit - Boiler" - Both songs were used in Craigleescotts Zoo Video 23, Which was released around the time i started riding and when everyone in my area started riding, them two songs just bring back far to much, struggle to even watch Zoo Video 23 nowa' days.

"Happy Hardcore - Can't Stop Raving" - Yes the title may sound chavy and it is a hardcore song, but the words in it are amazing, has a really emotional feel to it. Reason for this song, when i first met my first proper girlfriend, i had this song on my headphones about 5 minutes before we started seeing each other and every time i here it, it hurts alot. Was amazing when we were together, but what she did, hurt to much.

"Rihanna - Umberella" - Well, this one's the ultimate killer, when we first started dating, we were sat on a park, listening to a playlist on my phone, then it started pissing down, she put her umberella over us, then this song come on, ever since then that was are song. It continued to be are song, then at our School leavers prom, she promised me she would dance with me when this song come on at our prom, she pushed me off, and went and danced with one of my best mates and went with him right in front of me whilst this song was on. Instantly i began to cry, punched every wall i could see. Ever since then, i cant listen to it.

"Sigur Ros - Hoppipola" - This song hasn;t any personal meaning. It's just everytime i hear it, everything just starts racing through my head, good memories, bad memories. Very thoughtful song.

Christ im gay

jimmy eat world-hear you me

my friend was run over in front of me, and I requested his mum to have this played at his funeral. I can't really listen to it now, but it's a beauty.

also, the coral - dreaming of you. Such an old song now really, but it reminds me of a great summer :)

Feeder - Buck Rogers: Reminds me of my GCSE's, particularly the line "I think we're gonna make it" lol

The Kooks: Last summer of uni, especially an all night party on the beach. Good times!

Something Corporate - Konstantine: Reminds me of DJ, only met him once but this was part of the soundtrack to the funeral video. Think Jonny J made it. Great song!

Kelly Clarkson - Since you've been gone: Reminds me of one day of my Rallye trip earlier this year. 7 hours of driving in one day!

Got a few really, can't have just one.

When i'm bummed out / upset and need a pick me up or something to remind me it's not all that bad- Motion City Soundtrack, Capital H

Taking Back Sunday- Make Damn Sure reminds me of all of last year both good and bad.

Matchbox 20- 3am always gets me, not sure why but it makes me shiver all over. Just a f**king great song i guess.

And last but not least... Seether with Amy from Evanescence - Broken. I could listen to this on repeat for hours, reminds me of driving the length of the country after splitting from my girlfriend in February. Reminds me of what I lost... also makes me smile at how happy I am now.

Awesome topic btw.

Something Corporate - Konstantine. Began as a real sad song for me, and has just become a great song for memories. It's a really special one.

:deej:

You know, everyone always says that this is "the song" that was played at DJ's funeral, and I know it was used on Jonny's vid, but for some reason when I think back to sitting in the church I can picture a different song being played that sounded similar but not quit the same as Konstantine. Anyone shed any light?

For me, although I did hear this for the first time at DJ's funeral, its a song I listened to a lot when I was in an on/off relationship with a girl I met at college, who really could have been the girl that their singing about in the video; I can remember one particular line in the song about how konstantine "came walking down the stairs, standing in her underwear, and all that I could do was touch her long, blonde hair." Me and this girl had a moment like that once when she came down the stairs in my house one morning and I almost burst into tears it was so ironic.

That sounds a lot like The Smiths, but not as good...

Watch that...

Pretty similar reasons for me aswell Danny. That song comes on and I'm out of the building in seconds. The same with How To Save a Life.

Rich

Snow patrol - Run

Makes me think about my dad and all the good times we had at icehockey and stuff.

Awesome song :)

Leona Lewis did a cover for it as well, dunno if you've heard it... :ermm:

Celine Dion - My heart will go on

Was final song played at my middle school prom and it was women pick the men for the final dance, i didn't get picked and ended up watching the girl i fancied for like 1-2 years dancing with someone else. Sucks.

Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply

An ex, every time the original plays i remember good time and good feelings. Although when the Cascada one play's i just drive faster. :lol:

Flo Rider - Low

When ever this came on with my ex everything would stop and she'd just turn it up and dance. Good memorys but ones i'd just like to forget at the moment.

Sure there is one more i'm forgetting but that's about it.

Got a few happy songs too but they just make me smile rather then have any memories attached.