Songs With Sentimental Meaning...

Danny Kearns

Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply

This is another one for me, how could i forget this one. Was on Holiday when i was like 8, in ST Ives, my family and my mums sisters family went and me and my cousin were so close back then, we were never apart, slept his house like every weekend, completing resident evil 2 and metal gear solid 1 over and over. Im not quite sure why this song reminds me of that holiday, i think we were on docks walking round and this song was on in a shop and it just reminds me of that holiday so much, sad part is, i never see him anymore :(

Jerry Ropero & Denis The Menace - Time To Turn Around (Full Vocal Mix) and Junior Jack - Dare Me probably my all time favorite tracks, they're so "summery", positive and remind me of various great trips I've done, great parties I've been to and so on. I could listen to those two non stop.

Rosin Murphy - Dear Miami is the exact oposite, reminds me of Michelle and makes me really depressed. It was her favorite track, I used it in a trials vid I made after we broke up. I try to avoid this song as much as possible, haven't watched that vid once because it just makes me really really sad.

Got to agree with Simon on Savage Garden, lots of their songs remind me of childhood. Same applies to Chumbawubma.

my friend was run over in front of me, and I requested his mum to have this played at his funeral. I can't really listen to it now, but it's a beauty.

also, the coral - dreaming of you. Such an old song now really, but it reminds me of a great summer :)

sorry to hear that :( but its a fitting song, i definately want that played at my funeral

dreaming of you! how could i forget that! first girl i ever really liked played it to me and it reminds how happy i was when she first smiled at me, beauty :P

Murs- A Friends Blues

I've always loved the lyrics and everything about this song. For the last year or so it's been one of my favourite songs. Then about a month ago a friend died, i heard the news at a dance show/party one night but everyone promised we would just have a good night for him cos he wouldn't want anyone to be sad. I held it off through that but at the end of the night walking home once everyone had left just broke out in tears and had to sit down on the pavement. I put this song on while crying my eyes out walking home and just realised how much truth Murs speaks, just in a few lines he sums up exactly what i was feeling. Now it's kinda the song i put on and dedicate that time to thinking about Cyril, just reminds me of him. It's ironic how it's the one song that makes me think of him even though he probably never even got the chance to hear it :(

"Now when you're young, death can make you aware of your mortality

At times we feel invincible, lose sight of reality

Until it takes a loved one, residing in our circle

It'll hurt you cause you miss 'em

Once were close, down you're distant

And it hurts just to know that they could go at any instant

Gotta love 'em by the minute, now you realize this

It's sad it takes a loss to appreciate the gifts

So celebrate the occasion, just breathing is amazin'

To see the sun rise and set, at a days end

A chance to fix mistakes that we regret makin'

Find joy in the simple things, no time for complainin'

The sun will shine, it can't always be rainin'

I know it hurts deep, but you must maintain it

I seen it in my homeboys Terry and Tom

They've lost so many, yet they keep so strong

To lose a parent or a sibling and have the will to keep living

Takes so much strength, so I admire y'all

And one day hope to find out, what inspires y'all

And I'm still mad, askin' why it happens at all

Some say that God takes them, and they lean on mythology

But I choose to believe that its divine lottery

I can't believe God's lookin' down, waitin' to slaughter me

I can't live in fear, and I can't live here

Forever, so I treasure every moment"

Example's songs also make me think about him but in a more happy way cos Examples the only artist i can remember talking to him about in the short time i knew him.

Gesus- Waster's What they Named You (Waster RIP)

This is about a graffiti artist Waster12. He died while writing graffiti in america. Gesus, another graffiti artist and a close friend of his is also a hip hop producer so created this in collaboration with Astronautis (who is on the lyrics) in memory of Waster. I have no personal sentimental meaning for this song but it just hits me so hard everytime i listen to it and really makes me think about life. Gesus just got his feelings down on a track sooo well and it's really powerful. They were both also part of BombingScience which is a graffiti forum i only lurk on but i remember the thread in memory of Waster with all his (amazing) pieces. The thread was a few hundred pages long and was incredible, Gesus posted this in there once he had finished it.

Suprisingly enough, i also have loadsa happy memory songs :) Maximo Park are one of the artists i would put down as bringing up amazing memories from summer last year. Reading, seeing them live another time and just kotching in the park on hot summer days. Awesome.

Got a few really, can't have just one.

When i'm bummed out / upset and need a pick me up or something to remind me it's not all that bad- Motion City Soundtrack, Capital H

Taking Back Sunday- Make Damn Sure reminds me of all of last year both good and bad.

Matchbox 20- 3am always gets me, not sure why but it makes me shiver all over. Just a f**king great song i guess.

And last but not least... Seether with Amy from Evanescence - Broken. I could listen to this on repeat for hours, reminds me of driving the length of the country after splitting from my girlfriend in February. Reminds me of what I lost... also makes me smile at how happy I am now.

Awesome topic btw.

yes matchbox 20 3am is a good song the piano accoustic version can get me sometimes.

also if your gone by them is quite a good song

Kylie manogue- i just can´t get you out of my head

this song always brings back memories of living in braintree and it always reminds me of the coop shop for some reason probably cos it was on the radio all the time.

The superlovers- starlight also reminds me of when i lived in england.

Father and Son - Cat Stevens. Reminds me of when I was young, and in my eyes, the best part of my life so far.

Edit: Also, Himerus and Eros - The Spill Canvas. That song helped me through a load of shit with friends and stuff.

Edited by Joeee

You know, everyone always says that this is "the song" that was played at DJ's funeral, and I know it was used on Jonny's vid, but for some reason when I think back to sitting in the church I can picture a different song being played that sounded similar but not quit the same as Konstantine. Anyone shed any light?

For me, although I did hear this for the first time at DJ's funeral, its a song I listened to a lot when I was in an on/off relationship with a girl I met at college, who really could have been the girl that their singing about in the video; I can remember one particular line in the song about how konstantine "came walking down the stairs, standing in her underwear, and all that I could do was touch her long, blonde hair." Me and this girl had a moment like that once when she came down the stairs in my house one morning and I almost burst into tears it was so ironic.

The Calling - Our lives was also played at DJ's funeral.

Konstantine was played as everyone walked in and The calling was played as the coffin was carried out :(

Hope that helps..x

Also Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven was played. Was just after Charlie said his piece.