Shinnage Picture

Phil H

I want to play too. I used to wear shin pads, not that they would have helped much here. I have now modified my pedals so they dont 'rip and tear' but just 'impact and bruise' by using M5 grub screws.

Very respectable indeed. Looks like someone went a bit artistic with the blood, coming out at crazy directions! :S

Cuts do look preety deep, put that in above mine I think.

Leaderboard

1 KrisBoats' mate

2 2sixstreet

3 Me

Phil

oohh....ive got pictures of my gammy leg as well :)

and again

I think this has to be the winner so far, beats mine both on horriffic cuts and volume of blood.

Very well done!

Can it be beaten....?

Phil

i think i may have.....

Edited by Alex Dark

th_11052008873.jpg

Beat that mother, 10 stitches in all [sorry for the sideways action]

I had one almost identical to that and they refused to give me stitches. They told me the skin on the shin is so tight that putting stitches on would just pull straight out. You must have really fat shins :P

My shins are a mess. You really do just get used to it. And the top picture? You think that's bad? You WILL get worse. I'll do something like that and will say nothing more about it. If I don't have scabs on my legs, I haven't been riding enough :P

Ha, really?! Well it was a bit of both really, got stitches up the main cut that you can see but the lower bit they couldn't stitch, possibley for that reason of it being too tight. They just had to cut off the dead skin that I mangled and I'll have to wait for it to heal. Thats on my left leg, about two years ago I did similar to my right leg and needed stitches up that too, I'll try and find a picture of that one too if I can, got a dirty great scar there now though!

There she is!

th_DSC00033.jpg

[click for a bigger picture]

Had 9 stitches up that one.

That's nasty..

I find the wait in A&E not worth the time. I've got a scalpel, I can cut away the dead skin. I've got pain killers if I need them, and you can always tape the wound instead of stitching it.

Surely my effort is top 3 worthy!

I agree, missed it earlier!, you'll be up there.

oohh....ive got pictures of my gammy leg as well :)

Dear Lord, did that used to be a leg?!

Top 3 for sure.

There she is!

Had 9 stitches up that one.

Nearly wretched haha. Definetly number one so far, absolutely horriffic!

1. Emayarkay

2. Krisboats' mate

3. Alex dark

How it stands, I seriously hope we get nothing worse than the above!

My shins are a mess. You really do just get used to it. And the top picture? You think that's bad? You WILL get worse. I'll do something like that and will say nothing more about it. If I don't have scabs on my legs, I haven't been riding enough :P

Well since then, atleast a year ago I haven't had any bad ones, combination of decent pedals and grippy shoes seems to be the way forward (Y)

Phil

Edited by Phil H

I feel sick :sick:

I've had some pretty bad shin digs but never took pic of them :( Always fixed them myself though using plasters cut into thin strips and sticking them so they hold the skin together!

Any one got pictures of the scars they have now??

I feel sick :sick:

I've had some pretty bad shin digs but never took pic of them :( Always fixed them myself though using plasters cut into thin strips and sticking them so they hold the skin together!

Any one got pictures of the scars they have now??

hah.....after an exam with a video cam next to me...so i will be uploading pics shortly....ssoooooo bored