Alcohol Units

anzo

I also don't get the uni guys who go out for the evening, spend less than £10 on some little alcopoppy type things and come home off their trolleys. I've never been able to do that, i wish i could though so life would be cheaper.

That's me. Seriously, 3 pints of something strong is enough to make me drunk. 5 or 6 and I'm puking. I'm not sure why, I'm relatively tall and drink quite often. But like you say, at least it's cheap :D

So is it better to have a cider a night, or 7 ciders in 1 night with nothing the rest of the week?

One a night, by a long way. Like I said before, one per night is a good thing, whereas seven in one night is bad for you.

Oh Lord I feel old...

Of course people get drunk, of course it's bad for you, and - to an extent - it's damn good fun. It's a handy little life less, a little excess, a little pain and the world is right again.

And fried food cures problems.

The problem these days is that it's too easy to buy a shit load of cheap crap to get you drunk. Who really likes White Lightning? It's awful stuff. Plus Britain has a real binge drinking culture - go out, get smashed, great night! Abroad drinking isn't something you actively do, it's something that happens. If drinking was an Olympic sport, we'd have a paralytic head start over every other country.

Our tramps would be the best at fighting an imaginary opponent.

Even heading rapidly towards thirty, I know a lot of people who still go out and drink waaaay too much but hey, it's their life, why not? People are younger for longer these days.

I'm very much of the drink less, drink better group. Still costs me the same on a night out, but no hangover and damn good whiskey.

i couldnt really just drink one a night, i get the taste for it very easily and want to carry on, it does help me sleep a lot though.

Whats the most consecutive shots (30abv+) anyones done ?

I managed 116 shots of beer (1 a minute), and yes i know its not the same but try it lol. It f**ks you up because of the froth on top of each shot. horrible.

I managed 116 shots of beer (1 a minute), and yes i know its not the same but try it lol. It f**ks you up because of the froth on top of each shot. horrible.

haha sounds impressive, only one shot a minute though?

theres 23 shots in a pint so thats like 5 pints, i wonder how many consecutive pints someone could do haha, ive done a yard of ale in my better days, and managed 19 wierd shots at a mates part the other week.

:shifty:

You'd be surprised, I promise you. It's just relentless - by the time you've drunk your shot and poured the next one, the minute is almost up and you've got to start again. Going for a piss can be very tricky.

ah i was thinking more like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-JELLO-SHOT-CUPS-L...VQQcmdZViewItem

lining a load up at one time and having a race with some one etc

another out of interest question for tonight: you ever been to jillies in manchester? heard its meant to be pretty good but everytime ive been we've missed out cause its been closed etc.

ah i was thinking more like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-JELLO-SHOT-CUPS-L...VQQcmdZViewItem

lining a load up at one time and having a race with some one etc

another out of interest question for tonight: you ever been to jillies in manchester? heard its meant to be pretty good but everytime ive been we've missed out cause its been closed etc.

Yeah it's much easier if you can line them up but then you need loooooads of cups.

Yeah, I went to Jilly's once. I'd say it was OK, "if you like that sort of thing". When I went (A couple of years ago now) there was one main room (full of goths and cyber punks), one 'classic rock' room (full of long haired moshers) and a punk room. I've never really been into the goth/heavy metal side of it so it was a bit much for me, haha. Give me Morrissey anyday :P

Manchester's ace, much better than Blackpool, saying that haven't been many places really.

They do have tonnes of bars scattered all over though, and have a few s.u bars, all the DJ's seem a lot more clued up on what to do than the odd job dj's down here.

I mainly like it cause they play all the decent Manchester music much more often and a pint of stella is 99p in the s.u bar on Fridays, or was when i last went

Manchester has a lot of fashionable bars and stuff. In terms of proper club nights there's Sankey's which is pretty well known and the Warehouse Project who do some pretty cool events but it's not a permanent thing I don't think. And the Paradise Factory which has only been around a few months but it's from the guys behind factory records and the Haçienda (you ever seen 24 hour party people?).