Bb Stuck - Nooob

BenLeacock™

Sprayed my frame the other day, had a shagged bb in so i thought o well just keep it in be reet, turns out that its solid now ?

Ive got bb tool all that but just wondered if there is any ''trick'' that would just make it slide out ?

Or abit easyer !

Ben

could try cutting round the bb with a stanley knife maybe loosen some of the paint then spray it with wd40

best way i've found....

you need to bolt the tool onto the bb, either using the crank bolt if the tool isn't too fat, or a longer bolt threaded into the BB, or a huge bolt that goes all the way through the BB to a nut the other side....

then clamp the tool in a vice and turn the frame

(Y)

Best Way I've found is to bolt the tool in and put on a rachet with a socket, and a big bar. I don't have space around my vice to turn the frame.

TopTip: Make sure your turning it the right way, I can never remember which is which.

Best way to remember which way to turn BB and pedals is that if you're pedalling forward and the BB/pedal bearings seize it'll unscrew the BB/pedals - this is not the reason the thread direction was chosen, but it's a good rule to apply.

On the chain side of the BB, unscrew clockwise, other side anticlockwise (Standard thread).

Get a blow torch on the BB, to heat up the threads, can sometimes make it a bit easier.

You kiddin. metal expands when heated. You dont want to heat it as it'll just make it hareder to get out. i dont know how to get it out though sorry.