Cracked 07 Pro 2

Rich Pearson

Spoke to them today about that; have returned it and they've said they'll look at it and make an informed judgement...

Rich

Cool, let us know how it goes. In my view removing the disc mount would have no impact on the failure but its great that Hope are prepared to consider replacement. Most companies would laugh at you with much less of a 'modification'.

chris king for the win :)

so happy i never got on the pro2 bandwaggon,

hope you get it sorted mate.

Pah, Kings have to be cleaned out and have springas stretched and all sorts before they even sound remotely loud. Also, they really arn't worth the money, It's very rare this is happening to 07 Hope Pro II's. Beau was bitching about Pro 2's in Brum. About 2 mins after he said it, his teeth nearly side Hi to a wall, and his hub did nothing but skip all day.

My pro 2 has NEVER skipped in the whole time i've had it, neither did the one on my adamant.

EDIT: Unlucky Rich man, Hope they replace it :(

Edited by Danny Kearns

Pah, Kings have to be cleaned out and have springas stretched and all sorts before they even sound remotely loud. Also, they really arn't worth the money, It's very rare this is happening to 07 Hope Pro II's. Beau was bitching about Pro 2's in Brum. About 2 mins after he said it, his teeth nearly side Hi to a wall, and his hub did nothing but skip all day.

Hummm king do need a lot of maintance, and cleaning. But there is no need at all to stretch the spring ? I no that when i got mine i thought it should be as loud as possible and it f**ked the spring completly. Why do you need it to be loud danny ? is that just your personal preference ? Beau's isnt the best example of a king, considering he is running it dry and stretched the spring about 50mm more, thats maybe why its skipping so much ?

Ive never used a pro2, but ive never had problems with my king, think the money is justified with the quality of the hub and how well it performs if looked after properly.

Shame that rich, hope it doesnt delay the new st vid :P

Hummm king do need a lot of maintance, and cleaning. But there is no need at all to stretch the spring ? I no that when i got mine i thought it should be as loud as possible and it f**ked the spring completly. Why do you need it to be loud danny ? is that just your personal preference ? Beau's isnt the best example of a king, considering he is running it dry and stretched the spring about 50mm more, thats maybe why its skipping so much ?

Ive never used a pro2, but ive never had problems with my king, think the money is justified with the quality of the hub and how well it performs if looked after properly.

Shame that rich, hope it doesnt delay the new st vid :P

That wasn't his hub you bloody numpty, he said it was his chain skipping cos of stiff links in his KHE.

Mine did it once that day, remember? King hub skips and chain skips sound and act completely differently.

1. It's written on the hubs.

2. Yes, a certain amount of skipping during the bedding in process is totally normal.

Rich

I have 2 '07s sitting infront of me and NEITHER of them have any numbers on them at all, let alone a date.

My pro 2 has NEVER skipped in the whole time i've had it, neither did the one on my adamant.

EDIT: Unlucky Rich man, Hope they replace it :(

That comment made me laugh sorry man, but yerr, why does a hub have to be loud to be good? mehh. That's all what the scene kids worry about :P

as for beau, beau doens't look after his bike for shit, i used to have a king, hudson rode with a pro 2, it was shit.

I have 2 '07s sitting infront of me and NEITHER of them have any numbers on them at all, let alone a date.

Yeah, I think I wrote that as an off the cuff thing. Looked at it afertwards and thought, "Hmm, that wasn't quite right..."

Damon: I'm pretty sure mine was the 07, (note writing) but I may be wrong. Will find out when hope have a look I suppose.

Rich

How does it feels horrible? I've never noticed any difference in feel between a freewheel and a rear hub.

A very noticable thing with a Pro 2 vs Eno is the engagement. The Eno doesn't seem to jump into the engagement, like you don't feel it engage. With the Pro 2 you can feel the pawls engage, like a clonk sort of happens.

Hard to explain.

Edited by eskimo

How does it feels horrible? I've never noticed any difference in feel between a freewheel and a rear hub.

the weight distribution can make people not like it. As with a freewheel theres more weight on the middle of the bike.