Ian Cooper's Custom Build Koxx Boxx

AdamR28

Back when Ian rode, we didn't have these new fangled 'video cameras' and everyone was on dial up so they didn't tend to make it online that often!

Aye, a big download was 12 meg, and most videos were 1-2mb. Them were the days.

Ian was actually the first 'pro' rider I ever took photos of for MBUK at Rutland Water back in the summer of '99. MBUKTRUFACT!!

I do have quite a few shots of Ian from the late nineties/early 2000s at my parent's house.

I believe Ian sold off the frames, including one minter which had never been ridden... I have an email somewhere from a Raleigh engineer with all the details, geometry, build details, the lot. Was pretty ahead of it's time to be honest.

Ian later moved onto Indentiti, and that was the bike he rode on Under Pressure.

I believe Ian sold off the frames, including one minter which had never been ridden... I have an email somewhere from a Raleigh engineer with all the details, geometry, build details, the lot. Was pretty ahead of it's time to be honest.

He did indeed. There used to be a Raleigh rep in Ferndown, cant remember his name now, but he sold me one of Ians frames. He had it in the shop window as a display piece, and I fell in love with it and had to buy it.

Had photos of it but I have no idea where they are now.

No one dare ask me what happened to it..... >_<

• 1 month later...

Fook that is the bollox! I love that boxx, god i wish i was big enough to ride one lol

Remember picking up Ian's bike up at Bike 99 at the NEC it was sooooo light compaired to anything i had seen at the time, 24 lbs if my memory serves me correctly.

Would like to see him ride again

• 5 years later...

Me and Jo were creaming over it when we came to visit. Even sitting next to skyes and an m5 it still stood out.

true !! if anyone knows where there is a boxx frame going let me know i would looooove one !!!

9.6 is lighter than most of my builds nowadays to be honest haha

• 4 years later...