Tonights Game *now With Poll*

JD™

Champions League Final  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

• Chelsea
    • Manchester United

Swaying away from my original bet, I'm glad Man U won it. They did deserve it.

Fair enough Chelsea were well on the ball in the second half, but seriously, I thought some of their players were really f**king dirty.

Drogba to get sent off.

Ronaldo to miss his pen

Terry to make a complete arse of himself

Van Der Sar and Cech both to make saves.

Best way for Man Utd to win.

There was a lot of 'cramp' and 'injuries' last night, how many times was the stretcher brought on :S

Drogba to get sent off.

Ronaldo to miss his pen

Terry to make a complete arse of himself

Van Der Sar and Cech both to make saves.

Best way for Man Utd to win.

There was a lot of 'cramp' and 'injuries' last night, how many times was the stretcher brought on :S

I thought that they all get paid sooooo much money, you would think they could last 2 hours of football.

It was a bit shoddy. After the England vs. Russia game, they ripped up the artificial turf, laid a new one, then they found out it was too bumpy. They lashed out £160,000 on a new set of turf and kinda patched it up, basically. UEFA said it was fine to play on, but looked shit, but everyone else seemed to disagree.

Regarding the "They get paid to do it" sort of comments, they're playing as hard as they can in a ridiculously high pressure situation on a not-so-good pitch - they're bound to get tired at some point. That's like complaining that 100m sprinters break out in a sweat when they're running, or complaining that riders get arm pump at comps.

I got the results on the live update thing on the BBC website on my phone on a train on the way home. Having to wait and just see...

Ronaldo penalty - MISSES!

blah blah blah - scores!

blah blah blah - scores!

Terry - MISSES!

Was pretty raw. It took literally forever for it to update to 6-5 when they won...

I don't think i've ever seen a team go behind in penalty shoot outs and then come back and win haha. Was an amazing shoot out and an amazing match, so much tension.

It was awesome to see Petr Cech stand dead still like a rock through Ronaldos pussy run up though, he does it every time he takes a penalty :lol: If the keeper doesn't fall for it he's a foot away from the ball and has no chance of getting enough power.

I thought Van der Sar was a bit dissapointing though. There was 2 Chelsea penalties that were pretty poor penalties and he wen't the right way for them but didnt get to them enough, didn't seem to be really launching over the goal. I thought he was waiting for too long trying to judge it rather then just gambling and diving for his life like you should. I'm glad Man-U won though :) I hate Chealsea.

I thought Van der Sar was a bit dissapointing though. There was 2 Chelsea penalties that were pretty poor penalties and he wen't the right way for them but didnt get to them enough, didn't seem to be really launching over the goal. I thought he was waiting for too long trying to judge it rather then just gambling and diving for his life like you should.

Were we watching/reading about the same game? Nicolas Anelka might disagree with you about how good van der Sar was, haha.

Fair play to Cech for saving the Tevez/Carrick one-two shots after Rooney got that cross in, or whoever it was (about 30mins in, I think?)...

I loved how in The London Paper today there was a) a picture of John Terry crying on the floor in front of an ecstatic EvdS, but b) they pointed out how Chelsea had 24 shot compared to Man Utd's 12 - but how many of those Chelsea shots were on target? Can't remember it exactly, but I know in the first half Chelsea had 12 shots, 1 of which was on target, and Man Utd had something like 5 shots with 3 on target (Or 7:5...). Nothing quite like nice, unbiased journalism though, eh ;)

Were we watching/reading about the same game? Nicolas Anelka might disagree with you about how good van der Sar was, haha.

Yer theres no doubt about that, he performed for that last shot under pressure, and was good in the rest of the game. But i think it was the second and third penalties that i just thought it was getting too. They were both nice keeper height, not too well placed towards the post and he went the right way. But i guess the TV doesn't really portray how powerful these guys are hittin em.

I always find it amazing watching the celebrations at the end. Imagine how ecstatic the whole Man-U team must be, would be an immense feeling knowing that right hten your team is pretty much the best in the world and you were part of it, all the training and stuff paid off. And imagine how gutted Terry and Anelka would be, such a comedown.

It was also awesome to see Gigs put his away soo well. Best penalty of the whole thing under so much pressure. Such an awesome player with a great attitude so i was pleased to see that one for sure :)

Yeah, if he'd got that shot home that he had in "open play" that would've been pretty sweet. Getting a goal on a record-breaking game would be a nice way to finish the record off totally. It's pretty cool how his medal tally is exactly the same as Alex Ferguson's is at the club 'cos they've been there for so long.