Most Interesting Fact You Know

Z o o !!

Hippopotamuses(sp?) kill more humans than any other animal in africa.

The classic image of Santa Claus is of a bearded man in a green suit with white cuff detailings, however it was apparently Coca-Cola that changed the image to red suit and white cuffs.

"SOS" does not stand for "Save our souls", but is used as it is unmistakable as anything else and recognizable even to those who do not know Morse code.

(...---...)

Edited by Fugley

The pub chain J.D. Wetherspoons was named after J.D Hogg from Dukes of Hazard (as founder Tim Martin was always referred to by his friends as the 'boss-man') and a teacher in New Zealand called Wetherspoon, who Martin thought would have been the least successful pub landlord ever if he had tried.

The Earth has a surface area of 510,072,000 km².

Stephen Fry is a homosexual.

The W in George W Bush stands for Walker.

Rich

On the subject of morse code, did you know the start of Beethoven's fifth symphony, translated into Morse code is V, which is obviously latin speak for the number 5. I think V for Vendetta taught me that. BUT Beethoven wrote the 5th symphony and indeed died before the invention of Morse code. So it's just a coincidence.

Stephen Fry is a homosexual.

:unsure:

The way he acts and constant references to being gay aren't obvious enough? Actually, I have another fact about Steven Fry - he's a real geek and writes a blog about smartphones. http://stephenfry.com/blog

The classic image of Santa Claus is of a bearded man in a green suit with white cuff detailings, however it was apparently Coca-Cola that changed the image to red suit and white cuffs.

(...---...)

Thats not quite true, the image of santa in red suit was used before coca cola used it but it just wasn't as popular or well known. I can't remember the name of the artist that drew it but i have recently suffered a whole essay on the topic.

the song at the start of the "peep show" is by green day, the song itself is called "Im not sick, but im not well"

on the peep show it cuts in at 40 seconds from the song....

found that out kindof by accident today whilst listening to music when i turned on the peep show.......

As if it even sounds like Green Day.

hehe, you got that from friends aswell as a nut that's not actually a nut is a brazil nut

peace

Nah man, I got it from some lads at school that were going around telling everyone it. I don't think its actually a fact, but its just that irrelevant that everyone believes you when you tell them it :P

It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery, then the celery contains to begin with.

that's an urban myth.

on morse code again - the "special" text message tone on most mobile phones is morse code for SMS.

Edited by Benji Swales