Gu Le Frame Flex. Anyone Else?

_Owen.

Hi all. I recieved my new Gu Le throught the post today, after over 6 weeks of waiting! Built it up all ok, started to ride it, and there is a scary amount of brake flex on the rear. Not having a built in booster on the frame i expected a bit of flex, but this is stupid. So i re-set up my brake as close to the rim as possible, but then i pull the lever, the pads engage straight away, but it spounges back to the bars! I have a booster in my house somewhere, but the last time i put a booster on my bike the brake felt horrible, and i lost all noise (not greatly bothered about noise, but noise normally = power).

So i was just wondering if anyone elses Le is like this, and what they did to solve to problem, or just put up with it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Owen

Hi all. I recieved my new Gu Le throught the post today, after over 6 weeks of waiting! Built it up all ok, started to ride it, and there is a scary amount of brake flex on the rear. Not having a built in booster on the frame i expected a bit of flex, but this is stupid. So i re-set up my brake as close to the rim as possible, but then i pull the lever, the pads engage straight away, but it spounges back to the bars! I have a booster in my house somewhere, but the last time i put a booster on my bike the brake felt horrible, and i lost all noise (not greatly bothered about noise, but noise normally = power).

So i was just wondering if anyone elses Le is like this, and what they did to solve to problem, or just put up with it?

Owen

Its because its a mod :giggle:

Don't blame the frame right away, could be a bit of air in the bleed????

The bleed it fine, i can see the frame flex when i pull the lever, so im guessing its nothing else!

Ubuntu_user, mods are the way forward, one day everyone will be converted! :giggle:

Owen

check everythings tight and put a 2p inbetween both your pads and set them up tight, re bleed your brake and put a little tpa on, if it still flexs, might be a problem with the frame, cracks? dodgy welds or anything?

Matx

The bleed it fine, i can see the frame flex when i pull the lever, so im guessing its nothing else!

Ubuntu_user, mods are the way forward, one day everyone will be converted! :giggle:

Owen

I guess I just don't see why anyone would want to ride a mod! :S

Owen

noise = vibrations

would suggest a booster (Y) i think its goning to be one they things your going to work with / live with, get me.

but noise normally = power).

I've had brakes before that make way too much noise for the power they give, just think of the peoples brakes who work perfectly well but emit a slight hissing noise when contacting the rim, thats hardly a massive noise.

Just wack the booster on mate, your problem isn't going to sort itself out by pulling the lever over and over again, if you've already got the booster and the bike is currently unrideable then what are you going to lose?

Your saying that last time you put a booster on the brake felt horrible so you didn't use it, but now this time the brake feels horrible without it, whats the logical option to do?

Edited by Fugley